• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

No Such Thing

DrCAS

Bragging about ignoring your wife for business while on vacation? Where is the "shaking my head" button... Better yet, we need a "STUPID" button.

klemgraphics

Just got back from vacation, answered a few calls and e-mails but for the most part it made my day not to have to talk to anyone but my wife. Sometimes you just need to get away before you get burned out. Its never relaxing fully though when you dread coming back because of the mess of messages and catching up that has to be done.

Sometimes I wish I could be disciplined enough to just be at the shop 8-5 then lock the door go home and not think about it again until the next day. Unfortunately I doubt that will ever happen.

Pat Whatley

Bragging about ignoring your wife for business while on vacation? Where is the "shaking my head" button... Better yet, we need a "STUPID" button.

Amen.

Granted, I subbed out a banner order while I was on my honeymoon that paid for the complete honeymoon but I did that in the mornings while my wife slept late.

You've got to unplug sometimes, just completely let go. What's the point of going on vacation and working? All you're doing is jacking up the shop rent. Just because you CAN work from your vacation doesn't mean you SHOULD. The point of life is not to see how much work you can pack into it, it's to see how much play you can fit in.

MikePro

i will be working at a summercamp for the first two weeks in august... can't even get cellphone reception, let alone internet access. Already have all my files backed up onto a portable harddrive and laptop geared up with Adobe CS5... totally planning on taking some projects with me to work on. Buuuut I've planned the same in the past and completely disconnected anyways knowing that I'd be coming back to a #$%storm.

hoping this year will be different, but I've already given people heads up that I will most likely not touch a thing until I get back. Regardless, I can't wait to get away from this desk!!!!

WildWestDesigns

I wasn't bragging. If anything I would like to be able to unplug from having to deal with this when on a trip of any kind, however, it's just not hardwired in my nature. To a degree she has the same issue, just not to the extent that I do. She is always bringing "work" home (accounting analyst), even though it is supposed to stay at the office. Most of the time it's concern or worry then it is actual physical work (hence the quotes).

WrapperX

The only one who can help you go on vacation is yourself. By bringing your computer with you - you have already committed to at least looking at it while you're away. Leave it at home, get somebody who is on the same page and somebody you can TRUST to work at your shop. That way when you leave you know that the person who is in charge will do the right thing in your absence.

And a vacation doesn't need to be any extended time away. If it works better for you then only take a day or two at a time. Take a long weekend - BUT you can't really get away if you bring it with you.