Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

no support!

Discussion in 'Mimaki' started by sharon b, Dec 9, 2013.

1. sharon b

sharon b New Member

Apr 11, 2006
    I'm having trouble with my mimaki cjv30-100. it prints ok, finds the registration marks ok, then cuts 1/2" off to the left & 1/2" toward the back. I have called advantage sign supply help line EVERY DAY for 4 DAYS!!! no one will call me back. I installed the latest mimaki updates & still have trouble. does anybody know how to fix this? or does anybody have a mimaki contact that can help? I ran some easy-to-hand-cut jobs, but now I REALLY need the beast to WORK, & not be an expensive electric paperweight! PLEASE HELP ME!

Tags:
  2. Z SIGNS

Z SIGNS Very Active Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Trenton NJ
    Same thing happened to me.Somehow just before the file was exported the cut line got shifted. Didn't notice it in the preview.
    These problems are usually something simple like some box not checked or some other option not set right.
    Hang in there.Keep clicking and trying different settings.The printer machine and computer will eventually surrender and work for you.
    Persistence and the theory of troubleshooting should fix this for you.

3. Snydo

Snydo Active Member

May 1, 2008
    Mid Michigan
    Look for an OFFSET setting on your plotter, it will have and X an Y setting, it should be set close to or at zero. Sounds like your may be set to .5". Best of Luck.

4. Nuagedesigns

Nuagedesigns Member

May 7, 2007
    Seymour, CT
    Just for giggles try pulling the power cord on the plotter and let sit for a minute and plug back in. Sometimes they get a mind of their own. I run my Mimaki CG-130FX Plotter at an offset of.3 Best of Luck

5. JBusch260

JBusch260 Active Member

Jan 22, 2013
    We had issues with our JV33-160 a while back. Yes, getting Mimaki to respond was a complete nightmare. Contact the salesperson that sold you the machine. Our Advantage rep was great and bent over backwards to keep his reputation positive. He helped us out and got ALL of the right ears turned our way.