• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

No yellow or magenta on test print with SP 300

gtjet

We went on a vacation for about a week. Came back ran 3 med cleanings and then a test print. We only had black and cyan on the test print.

We then lowered the capping stations and filled with cleaning solution.

Now we have about 3/4 of the magenta nozzles laying ink down but still no yellow. Is this due to plugging by dried out ink while we were gone?
Also are we doing the right thing? And will replacing the capping stations help or is it plugged at the nipple the dampers attached too?

Help & advice appreciated.

gtjet

yes, the yellow and magenta are nearly full. Since do repeated filling of the capping stations with cleaning fluid, let set, then running test print, we have gotten all the magenta back and about 15-20% of the yellow. It is getting better.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I'd do a power cleaning. If several mediums don't quite do it, try the Big One.

high impact

Yes, nozzles dried out - you are probably overdue to change the capping stations. We had this happen until I changed mine - they can go bad within 6 months.

You can also gently dab some cleaning solution on the nozzles of the head...JUST BE VERY CAREFUL AND DAB - DON'T WIPE. Then fill the capping station with cleaner, let sit in capping station again for just a little while. Then test print some completely yellow and magenta blocks almost the full width of your media.

gtjet

how can I tell if the dampers are the problem compared to just dried ink from being left off & setting idle while we were gone? Before we left it worked great.

gtjet

Tried High Impacts suggestions and it is improving but still not completely back, will keep at it.

ChiknNutz

Capping stations only last about 6 months at best (I've found anyway). How long has it been for you since you've changed them?

gtjet

The machine is 3 years old and I have never replaced the capping stations, do have them coming tomorrow. Hope they are easy to replace.

VinylCraft

I would asume after long use and no replacement there is a filter in the damper and get clogged. If no ink flows threw that would be a good indication. you could try using a syringe and see if you can move solvent cleaner threw.

gtjet

Thanks for the link, very useful. Every versacamm owner should check that link out and download the service manual.

cdiesel

I wonder why you guys are only getting six months out of your capping stations.. we had our sp300 for just shy of two years and never had any issues. We've had our xc540 for seven months now with no problems.

high impact

I still say it sounds like capping stations that are not sealing and the nozzles are drying up. Clean the heads a few times - I think it will clear up.

I had the same exact problem and after changing the capping stations I had no more problem with nozzles drying up. My sp300v was 8 months old when it started doing this. Our printer only runs part-time and I wonder if that has anything to do with it OR it's those mld triangle inks.

cdiesel

I totally agree with high impact.. especially since it happened after a week's break. Doubt this would aggravate dampers.

High impact--how often do you manually clean your printer? Are you wiping the capping stations when you do so?