• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

No yellow or magenta on test print with SP 300

gtjet

At this point we think it is the capping stations, especially the one on the yellow-magenta print head. We can not get that one fully opened back up but think we may be able too once new capping stations are installed. Probably will replace the dampers later or if this does not correct the problem with the new caps.

Still not sure how to tell if the dampers are bad or not but at least thanks to the post for the service manual we have an idea of how to get to them to look at and see if something looks a miss.

Velocity

Velocity

I had the same thing happen to my sp540 and the sp300 should be the same. The pins in the top of the print head broke near the base which apparently happens quite often if you are not extremely careful with the ink blatters.

We also found out the hard way ($600 per head) that you should never power down your main power on the printer as the printer cycles every so often preventing cloggs. we had to change both heads after 1.5 years of usage.

Good luck.

gtjet

yeah I am really regretting shutting the machine down while we were gone.

I wonder if a head wash would also help using the four cleaning cartridges (in addition to the new capping stations)?

Worried about replacing dampers, a lot of guys say it caused more problems like ink spilling on print circuits, nipple on head breaking, etc.

jkkt

So how do you avoid this?

Any suggestions on how to prevent this from happening if your machine will be idle for a week ( vacation time)

Is leaving the main power on enough?

high impact

YES!!! Leave the main power on always as long as there is ink in the lines.

When I had my issues it was after my wife accidently turned the main power off for a long weekend as well.

cd - we keep the machine very clean - we manually clean maybe every other week (not real regular)...thinking the cleaning solvent is drying out the rubber on the capping stations?

Jackpine

I paid for mine and have shared it freely to this point. It will now be for others to post links when asked. Don't bother to PM when the link expires , I've posted my fair share. Ask here & maybe someone will share. You can purchase here - http://stores.ebay.com/IMPRINTECH
I have bought parts from IMPRINTECH. I bought a refurbish kit and received the manual in CD format with the parts.
I do a noozzel check and print a test print at least every day to fire the heads and keep everything moving. I do a head wash about every 6 months. This cleans the ink lines and prevents ink buildup in the waste lines. I was told by a tech the Ultra inks may cause this more than the Plus inks did. Slow moving waste lines may cause back pressure to the pump and caps. In a Mutoh, the dampers should be 1/2 full of ink. I changed mine when I changed the heads. The Mutoh manual has detail "gaps" in some steps. IMPRINTECH also sells ink line coupling nuts and "O" rings. They are good to have on hand. If you lose or damage one replacing the dampers, an extra comes in handy.

ChiknNutz

I wonder why you guys are only getting six months out of your capping stations.. we had our sp300 for just shy of two years and never had any issues. We've had our xc540 for seven months now with no problems.

Not sure, but that's even what the manual says (somewhere). I've replaced mine two or three times so far...the first set lasted almost a year, and I didn't know that I needed to change them out periodically. I can tell when they are beginning to go as I get nozzle drop-out, starting with black. When I replace the capping stations, all is well again.