• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Non-Commercial Wraps

CP Signs

+1 Colorado. Not bad for what he used. In one of the pics you can see faint blue in the cracks and I think it gives it caracter.

TheSnowman

Anytime someone calls/emails, whatever, looking for vehicle stuff and ISN'T a business, I take what I'd normally charge for a business, and I almost double it. These customers are generally a pain in the butt, because as discussed, they don't think it should cost over $50 for whatever it is they want, and they suck my will to live by the end of them.

I wasn't landing them anyway, so I figured instead of figuring lots of numbers to get to the final "NO" from the customer, I might as well make it worth my time, and not waste time all at the same time.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Anytime someone calls/emails, whatever, looking for vehicle stuff and ISN'T a business, I take what I'd normally charge for a business, and I almost double it. These customers are generally a pain in the butt, because as discussed, they don't think it should cost over $50 for whatever it is they want, and they suck my will to live by the end of them.

I wasn't landing them anyway, so I figured instead of figuring lots of numbers to get to the final "NO" from the customer, I might as well make it worth my time, and not waste time all at the same time.

That's the way. If you don't want it or it's a real pain to begin with, why waste any time at all. Give your price and make it worth it if you get it. That's called gravy.

If you're hungry and could use the work, then figure out a way to get them in. Either lower your prices or educate them. Most of them will not care a dang bit about quality vs. dollars. The majority are young people and they don't have a clue about economics...... and besides, they don't care. They just want regardless of quality.

We get maybe two or three a year like this and have never landed one. :Oops:, I lie, we've wrapped a few roofs, but it was never a solid color. Always either an American or British flag or some dumb picture.

heyskull

I get 3 to 4 request for carbon wraps a week mainly roofs or bonnets.
Over 90 percent freak so i just tell them to go price the real thing.
In most cases we are cheaper than the paintshops to do a colour change.
I reckon they just see sticky back vinyl and think cheap!

SC

heyskull

I get 3 to 4 request for carbon wraps a week mainly roofs or bonnets.
Over 90 percent freak so i just tell them to go price the real thing.
In most cases we are cheaper than the paintshops to do a colour change.
I reckon they just see sticky back vinyl and think cheap!

SC

Bly

Haha. Gold.

Vinh1219

I priced my solid wrap on a typical 4dr in the range of $3400 withoot door jams. The customer that does'nt understands then not worth my time . I did a Maserati in Matte Red for $4700. When i price some customer they cursed at me and think i'm crazy. And yes all solid wrap customer are anal . They expect a paint job quality. You just have to educate them. Famous Line " I can paint the car for less than that " and i tell them go paint your Maserati and peel it off when you dont want it anymore. Its how you sell it to them

ProWraps

we are strictly a B TO B company. all B TO C work is respectfully refused on the initial phone call.

i get hundreds of calls for these a week. i can tell by the sound of their voice when they say the first word, what they want. no joke. i kindly ask them if they are requesting a color change wrap, they say yes and i send them right on packing.

jkdbjj

Bottom line this is extremely hot in Europe right now. In fact, it is more common to use colored vinyl these days then printed vinyl, at least to people I speak with.
It is just a matter of time before it is hot here. So, I would say those who can truly install this stuff will be prepared when the demand does rise. Those that aren't prepared are simply going to **** lots of customers off when it looks like crap.

ProWraps

you are missing a very large part of your argument. across the pond, people are willing to pay for it to be done correctly. here they are not. they are a losing proposition.

and stop listening to justin pate so much.

AdamSok

you are missing a very large part of your argument. across the pond, people are willing to pay for it to be done correctly. here they are not. they are a losing proposition.

and stop listening to justin pate so much.

Yes, color change wraps are all the rage in Europe, and they do expect top notch quality, however they aren't willing to pay for that quality. Most of Europe is still dealing with extreme economic conditions and while there is demand for color change, shops there have resorted to using solid color calendared vinyls to drive down costs to compete.

The problem as I see it as color change becomes more popular in the USA is that just like banners, it will become completely commodity driven. Look at the marketplace now, everyone and their grandmother is starting to do color change. Sign shops, wrap shops, tinters, custom auto shops...you name it! Throw Ebay, Amazon and ecommerce into the mix and it's all about price, price, price. You might have the best installers in the world, but other than a rather small luxury market, it's mostly kids who want the stuff and they just want the best price...end of story.

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
Other than a few Camo Pickup trucks or stripes...we don't get most non-commercial callers willing to pay for a fun looking car.