Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Non-Original INK!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Mimaki' started by tooserious, Sep 1, 2009.

1. tooserious

tooserious Member

Aug 28, 2006
    Olympia WA
    I put a cartridge in that is still sealed and it says non-original ink....is there a way around this

Tags:
  2. Techman

Techman Major Contributor

Jun 24, 2003
    michigan
    some info please
    printer etc

3. tooserious

tooserious Member

Aug 28, 2006
    Olympia WA
    Oh Mimaki JV3 130 SPII...the ink looked like Mimaki and was sealed in blue plastic

4. tooserious

tooserious Member

Aug 28, 2006
    Olympia WA
    The cartridge is a Mimaki SS2 sealed in blue plastic ,...has anyone had this happen

5. c-leb

c-leb New Member

Aug 25, 2009
    is there a card on the side of the cartridge?

6. tooserious

tooserious Member

Aug 28, 2006
    Olympia WA
    Yes there is.........

7. Samurai_Screwdriver

Samurai_Screwdriver Member

May 18, 2009
    Try giving the contacts on the chip a clean with a pencil eraser or an alcohol swab.

If this doesn't help try putting a cartridge of the wrong color ink in this same slot in the JV3 - If you get the message "COLOR OF INK" you'll know that the chip reader in this position is good. If you still get "NON-ORIGINAL INK" then the chip reader is bad.

8. TheSnowman

TheSnowman Major Contributor

Aug 28, 2007
    Indiana
    Wow...never seen that one...and I run after market inks on the same machine.

9. GARY CULY

GARY CULY Active Member

Nov 6, 2003
    unscrew a chip [one phillips screw] off a known good cart ...see if it works ..only thing that will be wrong on the screen is the amount left in cart ..it will read what was on other cart.....this will least tel you if "chip" is bad...and you can move on
    hope this helps sir

10. GARY CULY

GARY CULY Active Member

Nov 6, 2003
    also forgot to say
    i dont know if it has to be the same color cart..but i have always used one from the same color [i dont know how much that chip reads in there..lol]