• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Non-Original INK!!!!!!!

Try giving the contacts on the chip a clean with a pencil eraser or an alcohol swab.

If this doesn't help try putting a cartridge of the wrong color ink in this same slot in the JV3 - If you get the message "COLOR OF INK" you'll know that the chip reader in this position is good. If you still get "NON-ORIGINAL INK" then the chip reader is bad.

GARY CULY

unscrew a chip [one phillips screw] off a known good cart ...see if it works ..only thing that will be wrong on the screen is the amount left in cart ..it will read what was on other cart.....this will least tel you if "chip" is bad...and you can move on
hope this helps sir

GARY CULY

also forgot to say
i dont know if it has to be the same color cart..but i have always used one from the same color [i dont know how much that chip reads in there..lol]