• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Noob Alert

Scott Reynolds

Well I have to confess... I don't own the equipment yet, I had all the paperwork and lease agreement in hand and after HOURS of reading on this website this weekend I had to step back and think again and again. I think I am pursuing the wrong avenue and think that I am making a big mistake. I have numerous calls for printed logos, stickers, and wraps and the past couple years I have been subing it out, but the company I used went under with out warning. Being frustrated with the situation I just went crazy and wanted to buy a solution. I have not looked into any one else for wholesale, but I feel I should. I appreciate all you help and support. This is one of the best forums on the web for sure.

1- Keep subbing for now. There are a lot of people here on 101 that can print and cut for you.

2- The used market is where 90% of people should start anyway. I see 48" printers for sale all the time for under $2000. But Cutters hold there value and are harder to find really good deals on.

Last weekend I found a 64" solvent printer, air scrubber, drier, RIP computer, 105" sheet cutter and banner grommet punch for $4000. The printer only had 251 meters on it and the scrubber only has 36hr on the filters. Deal !!

Just put $500-$1000 aside every month and by the end of the year you'll be ready to buy something for cash.

When I first got into the sign biz back in 97, I lease EVERYTHING. It SUCKED! Never, I mean NEVER start like that.

Good for you for making that call.

Thanks for all the welcomes! This must be the most polite group of people in any forum I have been in.

Just give it time :Big Laugh

There are a couple of people here that are very generous with their time and knowledge. But one drop of blood in the water and you wont have time to get out of the water before being "hit" from below. :covereyes:

Attachments

• flyingshark.gif
    flyingshark.gif
    112.1 KB · Views: 94

Mosh

Here is my advise...Don't get drunk every night. Do like I do take Sunday nights off, that way you at least will start Monday fresh.