• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Noob Alert

1eyedclyde

Just want to introduce myself, I am a window tinter/ppf guy that just bought a 54" VJ Mutoh, w cutter and laminator from the infamous signwarehouse. I have been doing layered vinyl for about four years with the 42" DGI plotter, but my main business is Residentail/Commercial Tinting, followed by auto tint,ppf, graphics. I have been a user of corelx3 for years and then last year got x5. I am still learning the tricks of graphic design, but have a grasp on the basics. I appreciate ANY advice or comments.
Thanks
C.J.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
I am still learning the tricks of graphic design, but have a grasp on the basics. I appreciate ANY advice or comments. Thanks C.J.

- Subscribe to SignCraft
- Watch your competitors and then aspire to go beyond
- Commit yourself to life-long learning
- Learn the "business side" of this craft
- Stay hungry
- Pay it forward

JB

James Burke

Thanks for all the welcomes! This must be the most polite group of people in any forum I have been in.

Stick around...it can get intense sometimes. There was a thread just this week that got a little ugly when a new member went a little overboard and allowed himself to become sidetracked from his original question. He was his own "thread pirate".

Overall, we're a decent bunch with a ton of combined talent and experience...and, like anywhere else...respect is earned...not freely given.

JB

1eyedclyde

Well I have to confess... I don't own the equipment yet, I had all the paperwork and lease agreement in hand and after HOURS of reading on this website this weekend I had to step back and think again and again. I think I am pursuing the wrong avenue and think that I am making a big mistake. I have numerous calls for printed logos, stickers, and wraps and the past couple years I have been subing it out, but the company I used went under with out warning. Being frustrated with the situation I just went crazy and wanted to buy a solution. I have not looked into any one else for wholesale, but I feel I should. I appreciate all you help and support. This is one of the best forums on the web for sure.

James Burke

Well I have to confess... I don't own the equipment yet, I had all the paperwork and lease agreement in hand and after HOURS of reading on this website this weekend I had to step back and think again and again. I think I am pursuing the wrong avenue and think that I am making a big mistake. I have numerous calls for printed logos, stickers, and wraps and the past couple years I have been subing it out, but the company I used went under with out warning. Being frustrated with the situation I just went crazy and wanted to buy a solution. I have not looked into any one else for wholesale, but I feel I should. I appreciate all you help and support. This is one of the best forums on the web for sure.

Too bad more people didn't have the foresight to pull the plug before getting over a barrel. I commend your humility, but even more your fortitude to not get sucked into some slick sales agreement...some of those salespeople can be real convincing.

There's nothing wrong with subbing out your work until you can build a sustainable sales volume. Most places ship within 24 hours of receiving your order and nobody has to know where it came from.

JB