• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Nor'easter 2010 Rescheduled Date Discussion Thread

Typestries

OK Folks, after a sleepless night and an early morning, I have decided the best thing to do is seek another date for the event. I truly appreciate the offers to help, etc, but what really makes an event like this is getting all of you folks here to enjoy it! So use this thread to discuss potential dates. I'd like to not let it get too far into the fall as then we all get busy with holiday stuff. Phone, email, and pm's are fine too. 609-597-3399 / rick at typestries.com
Thanks!
-Rick

mrchips

I wanted to attend Geno's last year, but had a family emergency. I have a big fair I attend that ends the 1st week of Oct. A meet any time after that would work for me.

Otherwise.....Next year!!!!

Joe,

Makin Chip$ and Havin Fun!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I've worked for quite a while to make this weekend work for me. I've done quite a few things for these dates work for me. Another date would be up to whomever, but at this late time, I can't reschedule customers again. If it turns out to be a new date, then so be it, I'll attend if I can make it, but I can't reschedule customers again.

Heck, I just turned down two police cars for Friday and said we'd do them next week.

Baz

I thought you didn't mind if it was a smaller event or bigger. Sucks man that you want to reschedule. Late august/september is pretty much the only time i can go since the rest of the year can be quite busy for me.

Bummer.

Jillbeans

Watch for this in your mailbox.
If there is a meet, it can be a door prize.
If not, you can keep it for your efforts.
:thankyou:
Love....Jill

Attachments

• 101.jpg
    101.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 70

Big House Signs

It's ok Rick...and actually I am a bit relieved its not this weekend. I am so busy this week but I was coming no matter what. Between work and my civic activities I am booked every minute...shoot no time to do laundrey, was taking cloths to the Fluff and Fold so I'd have some clean clothes this weekend!!. Let me know when the next weekend is.

Boomer

We can understand you wanting to reschedule. If it works out better at a later date to get more attandees then I hope it works into our schedule.
Get a full nights sleep and try not to sweat it. You may get some negative replies but you have done all that you can to make this an event for everyone to be a part of. Some things have happened beyond your control.

Typestries

Thanks guys and gals! I know some of you will curse me, but to go through all of this for 10-12 people just wouldnt work. By smaller, I meant more like 20. If I've messed up schedules, eg like Gino I apologize, but planning this has messed up a whole lot of schedules for me and the folks that were attending to do demos and sponsorships, equipment and the like, too. To have a guy change his schedule, bring a few printers in on Thursday and set em up for Friday—Sunday for only a few folks exposure wouldn't be right either.

Jill, that looks awesome! Thank you, I'd never actually keep it for myself though, not my style! If nothing else, one of the original attendees will get it in a draw.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Thanks guys and gals! I know some of you will curse me, but to go through all of this for 10-12 people just wouldnt work. By smaller, I meant more like 20. If I've messed up schedules, eg like Gino I apologize, but planning this has messed up a whole lot of schedules for me and the folks that were attending to do demos and sponsorships, equipment and the like, too. To have a guy change his schedule, bring a few printers in on Thursday and set em up for Friday—Sunday for only a few folks exposure wouldn't be right either.

Jill, that looks awesome! Thank you, I'd never actually keep it for myself though, not my style! If nothing else, one of the original attendees will get it in a draw

No apology necessary..... not at all. I didn't lose any work, I just had postponed it. So, I'll have a light Friday. Looks like I'm, gonna be busy doing something else now......... :cool1:

Anyway, too bad the level of participation isn't any higher. I thought it was sounding pretty good there for a while. To go to all of the trouble for a handful is quite tough. Some might not understand, but regardless if you're putting this together for 90 people or 10 people, the same amount of work is necessary on your end, just less food is needed.

As time goes on, maybe we should just wait and see if next Spring works any better. October would be nice, but it might be too difficult for many to get away. I know for instance that two of my biggest customers' fiscal year begins October and they both start to go crazy with their new budgets. Of course, that just might give me some extra to go to Borgata later after the mixer.........:clapping: