• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Not connected

zigns62

I have a VP 540 printer, I notice that when I print a colored print the machine will stop on 4 or 5 passes an will say, Not connected. But when I just do a cut job it runs fine. I have change the IP address on the machine and on my laptop when it comes to printing. I am connect with a cable, no router. Has anyone figure out how to prevent this problem. Any Tech out there that can help?

GVP

We had this randomly happen - always on print jobs, never on cut. Initially, we thought it a temperature thing as keeping the print room fairly warm seemed to help. But, I'm sorry to say, eventually we had to have a new motherboard installed :(

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
How old is your machine. Many of those that are 7 or 8 years old are starting to have Main Board issues...from what I've been seeing.

I have a VP 540 printer, I notice that when I print a colored print the machine will stop on 4 or 5 passes an will say, Not connected. But when I just do a cut job it runs fine. I have change the IP address on the machine and on my laptop when it comes to printing. I am connect with a cable, no router. Has anyone figure out how to prevent this problem. Any Tech out there that can help?

Hey Zigns62,

The problem you're likely encountering is an IP conflict at the computer and printer. Roland support does not provide troubleshooting on open forums, and there's no need for you to continue struggling with this issue. So, it's recommended that you contact Roland support and get help with this ASAP. We'll need you to complete our support submission form so we can create a support ticket for you. Go here to submit your info: Product Support Form | Roland

We look forward to helping you and take care,

Roland Technical Support
Roland DGA Corp.
rn