• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Not quite sure what it's called.........................

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Had a customer request some small signs to be printed both sides. However the specs are 11" x 13" with a bleed on 100lb gloss paper.

Years ago, I hand painted on plenty of 110lb offset paper, but it was far from glossy. What would this equate to for eco-solvent printers ??

:thankyou: Gino

unclebun

I've never seen a double sided photo paper for large format. Is it made? Seems like that spec is intending something run on a color printer or copier with sheet stock.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
That's what I was thinking. I can't find double-sided stuff........ 100lb, yet.

Dan360

You'll have to look at the GSM, the poster paper we use is 8mil and 231 GSM. 100lb cover is about 270 GSM. So maybe around 10mil?

Not sure what the equivalent is for large format, we throw this kind of stuff on the copier.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Well, I got around it by offering a piece twice as high and folding it over as one side is different from the other side. It slides into a plexi holder, so I don't really know why it hasta be glossy paper, either.

Thanks for the help and input. :toasting:

Grizzly

It’s all about your print!
100lb Gloss Text/Book and 100lb Gloss book are both common products printed two sides. Mostly used in commercial printing world.