• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Not sure what cutter to get...

OldPaint

ITS NOT A CHIP.....JUST THE FACT...you want to cut some more corners.....and rather then gettin the lettering done BY A PROFESSIONAL...you choose to eliminate them from making a living.
when i say professional, ex: iam letterin a stock car for one of my regulars....guy say hey joe, "can you put me a "taz" on my hood?" being a professional....i said how big and do you got a pic of him? he give me a pic I PAINTED IT ON HIS HOOD!!!!! he loved it it only lasted 2-3 races....but he got what he wanted........can you do that?
ENGINE BUILDING: i got 15 yrs of NAPA PARTS behind me, worked machine shop/counter/paint body/outside sales. one of the guys i worked for used to build motors ofr PAUL NEWMAN. Also he built the motors for a guy was his racin buudy then and now is a HOOTER CUP/ARCA racer BOBBY GILL now i can tell you bout racin, motors/chassis/ i live in pcola now, good freind of mine had a chassie building shop. iam freinds with the guy who owns CIA cameras in action, they do most of the NASCAR photo work.....so you wana talk racin......
all iam sayin fella, got nothing against ya.....just if your doin all this....YOU GONA NEED A DRIVER....hahahahahahahahahahaha.....
been ther did that club........and didnt get the t-shirt....
find a good sign guy, work out some mechanic work/body paint work with him for your letterin..you will futher ahead. or we will se you postin the plotter on EBAY IN A YEAR OR 2!!!

Man you guys are harsh on the guy. He just wanted an opinion on a cutter and all you guys have done is twist his question into a huge mess. Last time I checked you didnt need a special Design License to purchase equipment. It's his money, his life, let him do what he wants.

Amick if you need any help just private message me.

I understand where you come from OldPaint. That goes on everywhere, all the time. The track charges $25 to get in, $50 to start the race and the guy says he didnt make any money that night to pay some of his bill. You must been rubbed the wrong way a few times to many, lol.

KY ERAT

Racer or Signer ?

To answer question buy a PNC1100!!! Got myself one a few months ago. This sign stuff is way harder than you think. Without OLD PAINT I would have never cut my first piece of vinyl. Stick to racing its much easier on the brain!! OldPaint for President!!!!!! Hes got my vote!!!

OldPaint

what jerks me off....not aso much this one person, but he is not the only one who sees what we do as a "nonimportant investment" in his go fast toy.....and WE the sign guys....are the ONLY ONES ON THEIR PAY TO LIST....that they will ask "can you do this cheaper"????????????????? but hold back the dogs when he gets to buyin them shocks or carburator or entrance fees.....NO EXPENSE SPARED OR HAGGLING ON ITS PRICE......that what jerks me off....

Arlo Kalon 2.0

I hear ya on that one oldpaint. They want their cars to look like a million dollars but don't want to spend but a couple pennies.

Well... ya got some of the standard comments I expected when I began reading this thread. We've obviously heard this identical story before. My best customer who recently passed away was a regular source of race car jobs for me for 18 years. I gotta admit, your attitude revealed in your statements sure reminds me of ol' Leonard - truly one of the nicest guys I ever had the honor to know. You are legit with me, I wish ya well with your endeavor towards doing your own lettering. I've always owned the most expensive, top end equipment, but not long ago came into a used Roland that convinced me I missed out on a lot of faster productivity over the years. Roland would be a solid deal for ya on a reasonably priced used machine. Good luck.

AmickRacing

I think we can stick a fork in this thread and call it done.

Speaking of, it's supper time... I had planned on cooking at home, but instead I think I'd better go to a restaurant, I'd hate to put a cook out of work. I could drive... but there are taxi cab drivers out there.. gosh I'd hate to see them go out of business too! I'm still not sure about the shower tonight, I mean I've always taken a shower and cleaned myself.. but I'm sure there's some trade I'm putting out of business doing that too.

Oddly enough, I ran across a thread in here about building your own bench.... tisk tisk you guys.... building your own bench's!

:rolleyes: