• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Discussion Not sure where this is all coming from..............................................

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Go meet your competitors and make friends with a few of them. I have a couple of people in town that will call me and say so and so is heading your way, I just priced him X so if you want it come in a little under, if not go higher. We all know each others bread and butter regular customers and will tell them that we don't step on each other's toes. It's a good way to work and if you are in a jamb, you have someone that can be trusted to do a job here or there for one of your keepers without worrying about them taking them away from you. We work for quite a few local trucking companies and they are the same way.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
As I said.. I used to do that but don't anymore. I'm not worried about my price as much now that I have too much work coming in. I do work with many of my local sign companies, the larger ones and the small ones... it's funny how a customer will bounce around between all of us... yet the same guy is the one installing time after time.. figure that one out.

Scotchbrite

No comment
We have local shops we call when we need vinyl in a pinch. Also done a few project together. We also refer work back and forth for stuff one or the other of us don't do. Around here there's enough work that we don't need to cut each others' throats.

netsol

As I said.. I used to do that but don't anymore. I'm not worried about my price as much now that I have too much work coming in. I do work with many of my local sign companies, the larger ones and the small ones... it's funny how a customer will bounce around between all of us... yet the same guy is the one installing time after time.. figure that one out.
texas signmaker,
in the mid 1980's we were one of the few commercial video dealers in NJ. then, what they called "prosumer" products made our business less profitable so we started taking in repairs from video tape rental stores. we gave a dealer split, instead of paying for customer acquisition costs... we had about 20 dealers all over the state, with our signs, repair forms etc

a longtime customer from a major insurance company was mad at me, and my partner, so, for 2-1/2 years, every time he needed something repaired, he "punished" us & went to a different location every time.

long and the short is, we still did the repairs, no matter where he went & it was more expensive every time because of markup