• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Novajet 1000i or Kodak 1200i Does anyone here use one?

R08

So if you want to sell here why not become a merchant member. I think there's a deal on right now ask Fred about it.

Maybe I'm making an assumption. It was just an idea.

Headhunterx

So if you want to sell here why not become a merchant member. I think there's a deal on right now ask Fred about it.

Maybe I'm making an assumption. It was just an idea.

I am not selling what ever gave you that idea just because I have 4 of them. I print a lot of posters and photographs and wall graphics. I also have a Converted to solvent CJ500 for outside stuff. I was just asking to find other users of this and othe Encad printers. I think these are one of the most overlooked and underrated printers. I have had HP, several Colorspans and I like these the best they are fast and clean printers I have had this is just my personal experience.

Richard

R08

I am not selling what ever gave you that idea just because I have 4 of them. I print a lot of posters and photographs and wall graphics. I also have a Converted to solvent CJ500 for outside stuff. I was just asking to find other users of this and othe Encad printers. I think these are one of the most overlooked and underrated printers. I have had HP, several Colorspans and I like these the best they are fast and clean printers I have had this is just my personal experience.

Richard

:Oops: My apologies.

I guess that makes your point about them being underrated.

On another note:

I have a would-be customer that wants copies of his artwork for resale but I find my eco-solvent just can't get the colours close enough.
Would your machine be a better bet for that kind of work?

Headhunterx

I think the the colors are the best I have ever had and I just use the standard settings with the stock profiles for the media I am using sometimes I have to adjust it a little it depends on the quality I am looking for.

Richard

I have a would-be customer that wants copies of his artwork for resale but I find my eco-solvent just can't get the colours close enough.
Would your machine be a better bet for that kind of work?

Yes.

I think the the colors are the best I have ever had

The colors from these machines are some of the best that you can get. If memory serves correct, these are not Encads/Kodaks, but rather licensed units.

Headhunterx

The colors from these machines are some of the best that you can get. If memory serves correct, these are not Encads/Kodaks, but rather licensed units.

What exactly do you mean by this "but rather licensed units."

They are Encad/Kodaks according to the name on the machine and Kodak warrantee's them.

Richard

Techman

yes,, the inks are really good for posters//

i use an older encad,, but it produces some nice stuff.

RobGF

I have a 1000i and an HP5000 for indoor stuff. The 1000i goes constantly for trade show graphics (roll-ups, pop-ups) and poster type applications. The HP does a slightly better job at outputs but the use of the Encad is so very much more productive and much easier to load media in. Haven't run a job through the HP in the last little while...

Of course, one must always be wary of sh*ty Lexmark heads and have a few spare around "just in case".

Rob

RobGF

The last time I checked, 700 ml of ink was around $170 sans head. Can't remember what heads are as the last time I had a head failure, Kodak couldn't determine exactly why and sent me two sets of six heads. The thing to remember is that with this printer, heads are considered a consumable. They are also under warranty for 700 ml.

This is a great aqueous printer but if you don't use it on a regular basis, it becomes fussy. If you want an aqueous that you use on a less than regular basis, get an HP... I hear the new Z6100 is cool.

R08

Thx for the info Rob. I can see the need for this type of machine in my market. Trade show stuff and I'm getting artsy types wanting Giclee(sp?) prints

RobGF

Thx for the info Rob. I can see the need for this type of machine in my market. Trade show stuff and I'm getting artsy types wanting Giclee(sp?) prints

Well if that's the case... you should get a Z series from HP not the Encad. The Encad rules for trade show graphics. It's not an art printer. The HP Z might be an interesting compromise. The media path will bite, making 12 mil semi-ridged materials difficult, but you'll still be able to do the 6-7 mil trade show stuff with ease. It also has the chops for art prints. The Encad has the gamut for art prints but it doesn't have the resolution or dot. Of course, it all depends on expectations too.

Last edited:

Headhunterx

Here is a poster I printed It is 60 X 70 it done it in less than 15 mins and it is 600 X 600 dpi it was the first thing I printed off of the first Novajet I purchased so I just used the default settings it even looks nicer at 1200 X 600.

Richard

Attachments

• zzr_Pepsi.JPG
    zzr_Pepsi.JPG
    233.1 KB · Views: 78
I just purchased a 1200i .. got it for $1000 and it came with a bunch of media and some ink (Dye based) and some Dye Cartridges ... sounded like a good deal ... but after reading this board ... Long time lurker - new memeber ;) .... I'm thinking it may not really do what I want it to do ...

I've already run into the C and M Max Temp error (but to be fair it was moved full of ink and I have cleaned it .. but must do it again) ... and I keep reading the ink has almost zero out door life and I get asked to do out door signs more than trade show stuff ....

I read here someone mentioned they have one unit converted for Solvents ... just wondering how that is accomplsihed? I talked to Global Print Supply but they don't really have a solution for the Pigment based life span issue ...

I do outdoor signs, vehicle lettering (getting asked for more digital - half wrap stuff), billboard stuff ... Not much phot duplication, poster work or trade show stuff .... Is this the wrong machine for me?

Any feed back would be helpful .... Love this site!

ast

We are also using 1200i until now :) anyone know where we can source inks and cartridges in the US?

baijurj

I have a 1000i, havent used it for a while. each time i [ut in a new head cartridge it woulg give me over-current error can anybody help on that?