• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

"now processing" message during cutting

okeesignguy

I have a SP-540V and sometimes while cutting it will stop and show a "now processing" message during cutting...
Sometimes it will start back up and sometimes it will not, causing me to have to restart the cutting procedure all over again...
Can anybody tell me what is going on please...?
Thanx for any help given! :)

Chad.

I dealt with this problem for over a year, it was the most frustrating thing in the world. Having tried new cables, file types, etc ... i FINALLY found a solution that has never failed.

I would be willing to bet that the CAT5 jack in your PC is built in to the motherboard ?

Install an additional network card ($9-$12 at best buy) and set the printed up on that port and you will never have the issue again.

MikePatterson

Head bathroom cleaner.
we also had this problem on 1 of our work stations. Turns out that windows firewall was on and was pissing off the data throughput. The other posts are correct too, it could be any number of things, check your entire network but dont overlook the network settings on the machine itself.

splizaat

I had this problem once and fixed it first try....You need to go into your RIP computer's power settings and make sure the hard drive NEVER turns off....our computer went to sleep and stopped sending info to the printer. Ruined one print, figured it out and never dealt with it again :)

anotherdog

This is exactly one of the issues I'm dealing with today.

I'm getting it on long prints. Something is powering down or timing out, but nothing has been changed on the network.

w2csa

I too had a problem like this, I had a long usb cable with an extension in it.
I rearanged my equipment to allow for a shorter run and have not had the problem since.

okeesignguy

Is the problem resolved?
No Jason,,,it is not and I apologize for not replying to you guys that were nice enough to try to help me...

WOW...lots of different ideas, thoughts, answers etc here !!!
I am very anxious to try some of these HOWEVER I am having another more important issue right now and I don't figure it out I will not be printing anything at all tomorrow anyways...
I definetly will report my findings on this issue to you guys when I do address it ...

But first...this is the other issue...here are two links...
http://signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87418
http://signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87341

Thanx very much !!!

rjssigns

For whatever reason our SP540V whacked every factory ether port on every computer we hooked to it so I replaced them with D-Link cards. Smooth sailin' ever since.
BTW I never did figure out why it would eat the OEM units.:help