• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Now that's a big box of swabs

HulkSmash

Sweet thanks Adam! Just placed an order...and even got free shipping up in Canada eh! :Canada 2:

That's a hell of a difference compared to $0.65 ea that we're paying now.

glad i could help pat. They're bigger and MUCH better. Good quality ordered them a few months ago when they were still around 90 + shipping. Still a Deal back then. Not even a quarter of the way through them, and i ordered these as well.

phototec

glad i could help pat. They're bigger and MUCH better. Good quality ordered them a few months ago when they were still around 90 + shipping. Still a Deal back then. Not even a quarter of the way through them, and i ordered these as well.

The FREE shipping is a little tricky, they offer it, however you MUST select the "APPLY" button, to get it!

:rock-n-roll: :thankyou:

Richard G

Nice job guys, i just tried to get those swabs and it appears they are out of stock!!!!!!
Hopefully that deal will last.

petepaz

i give our roland printers a manual cleaning every 1-2 months unless there is a printing problem or if i notice a lot of crap building up.
and we haven't had any problems other than normal maintenance
(replaced 2 capping staions, had the pump upgraded, had a service call for encoder strip cleaning, just because i didn't know how to do it then, that about it)
vp-540 about 6years old, xc-540 about a year old

should i get 1000 swabs also?

Rooster

I just use regular cheapo q-tips from the dollar store and use them often. I don't get any fluff on the head from it. Shoot I haven't even changed a wiper in 2.5 years let alone a pump, head or capping station. It's amazing how long they keep on working if you keep them clean and calibrated.

grafixemporium

i give our roland printers a manual cleaning every 1-2 months unless there is a printing problem or if i notice a lot of crap building up.
and we haven't had any problems other than normal maintenance
(replaced 2 capping staions, had the pump upgraded, had a service call for encoder strip cleaning, just because i didn't know how to do it then, that about it)
vp-540 about 6years old, xc-540 about a year old

should i get 1000 swabs also?

Whoaaa are you serious?? You buy a $20k+ printer and clean it that rarely?? Do you change the oil in your car once every year or two? It's basically the same thing. If you use your printer daily, you should be cleaning it a heckuva lot more than once every month or two! We manually clean our Roland at least a couple times a week. It always gets cleaned after a heavy print load... for instance after printing a wrap. The gunk around the heads and on the face of the wipers pretty much needs a cleaning after printing one wrap. By keeping the wipers clean, you also extend their life. You HAVE to keep those rubber gaskets on the caps clean in order to prevent them from drying out and losing their ability to create a vacuum seal.

grafixemporium

I just use regular cheapo q-tips from the dollar store and use them often. I don't get any fluff on the head from it. Shoot I haven't even changed a wiper in 2.5 years let alone a pump, head or capping station. It's amazing how long they keep on working if you keep them clean and calibrated.

Am I living on another planet?? Where do you get these super-wipers that you keep in for 2 years?? We clean the face of our wipers religiously with every manual cleaning... yet after a few weeks to a month, they are too permanently bent out of shape to do their job.

I wouldn't recommend cotton Qtips either. That's crazy talk.

petepaz

Whoaaa are you serious?? You buy a $20k+ printer and clean it that rarely?? Do you change the oil in your car once every year or two? It's basically the same thing. If you use your printer daily, you should be cleaning it a heckuva lot more than once every month or two! We manually clean our Roland at least a couple times a week. It always gets cleaned after a heavy print load... for instance after printing a wrap. The gunk around the heads and on the face of the wipers pretty much needs a cleaning after printing one wrap. By keeping the wipers clean, you also extend their life. You HAVE to keep those rubber gaskets on the caps clean in order to prevent them from drying out and losing their ability to create a vacuum seal.

i understand what you are saying but i do check the wipers and the print heads regularly but the aren't all gummed up and when i notice a build up that's when i clean it, i change the wipers when they start to bend (that's what the dealers said) and i change the sponges regularly, granted the machine isn't spotless we do use it a lot but with doing a manually cleaning 4-6 weeks everything seems to be working ok but if cleaning it more often will help extend the life i can do that

Rooster

Am I living on another planet?? Where do you get these super-wipers that you keep in for 2 years?? We clean the face of our wipers religiously with every manual cleaning... yet after a few weeks to a month, they are too permanently bent out of shape to do their job.

I wouldn't recommend cotton Qtips either. That's crazy talk.

If I had any issues with tufts of cotton left behind or the head not being wiped clean I'd use more expensive q-tips and replace the wiper more often. I don't have either problem, so spending the extra cash seems like a waste of dough.

I routinely print entire rolls of material without issue. In fact I just had to do my first ever reprints off of a complete roll print. Was it due to head contamination or nozzles dropping out? Nope, the roll had a bunch of flaws in the back of the vinyl. The prints were perfect.

Maybe you could chalk the difference up to my printer gets maintained (and operated) by the same guy who bought it. I take care of my stuff, but there's no need to replace that which is not broken (or worn out).

grafixemporium

I finally received our box of a bazillion swabs. What a bargain. Immediately discovered they have another fantastic use... cleaning handguns!