• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

NY Yankees Baseball Logo

Signs4Realtors

I am making a NY Yankees Baseball banner and need the "Yankees" font or outlines. I have the NY, but can't find the Yankees text. Thanks!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
That's something you're going to have to get directly from the Yankee franchise. You need written authorization to duplicate sports logos and especially the big ones.

Mosh

Yeah, you also looking for the Harley Davidson logo too????
If they have permission to use it, then they will have a media package or axcess to one.

Graphics2u

If they have permission to use it, then they will have a media package or axcess to one.
Ditto! I do lots of work with College and Professional sports logos. If someone has permission to use it then you'll have no problem getting it from the Yankees themselves.

Signs4Realtors

Don't you guys have kids in little league who's teams are named after the major league baseball teams? If so, what do the kids banners look like (poor quality knockoffs)? I didn't think it was wrong to try to make a NY Yankees little league banner look like the real deal. If it's not OK to use the logo, then the little league organizers shouldn't use those names (Harley Davidson logo is different). I would rather make a soccer banner with a wolverine or rattle snack, but need to do a baseball banner today. Please help if you can. Thanks!

Attachments

• SoccerBannerWolverines.jpg
    SoccerBannerWolverines.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 115
  • SoccerBannerRattleSnakes.jpg
    SoccerBannerRattleSnakes.jpg
    280.2 KB · Views: 97
this has been covered before and if i remember rightly this exact topic for little league teams also....
its not worth getting into trouble for, if you get found out using that logo they'll go to town on you and your business!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Don't you guys have kids in little league who's teams are named after the major league baseball teams? If so, what do the kids banners look like (poor quality knockoffs)? I didn't think it was wrong to try to make a NY Yankees little league banner look like the real deal. If it's not OK to use the logo, then the little league organizers shouldn't use those names (Harley Davidson logo is different). I would rather make a soccer banner with a wolverine or rattle snack, but need to do a baseball banner today. Please help if you can. Thanks!

You have a two part answer right here.

YOU thought. Sorry, but you thought wrong.
To try...... that's the main one. What if you make some ugly concoction that they wouldn't want being confused with them ?? Your simply trying is not enough. They need to know how and in what conjunction their good name is being used. Your thoughts and attempts don't enter into it at all. It's how and what they want. They've spent over a 100 years building this name and logo up and they sure don't want you to ruin in it in one swift try.

Lastly, just because you're in a hurry, does not give you the authority to make the wrong decision.

We just had a guy in here yesterday that wanted us to reproduce pictures of famous football and baseball players in action. Some really neat shots, but without the players notification and authorization to do this I told him I can't make these for him. He said.... Oh, I understand, sir, but you seem to be forgetting..... I took the pictures. I didn't go any further and just said... when you have authorized signatures from these guys, I'll do it, not until. What one thinks or perceives as being the right thing to do is not how the courts see it when your butt is dragged in front of a judge. You're the one doing the reproducing of said artwork.... it's our job to know right from wrong. If you're not sure, don't do it until you check with the proper authorities.

If this was going to go on your kid's bedroom wall, I'd probably say Okay, but not with the intentions you've stated here.

Maybe this will help.... what if your job was for a group of drug lords and they operated out of New York. They didn't tell you their intentions. You just go ahead and make it on their say so. Again, you did it without proper authorization and you're the one in the wrong, not them for asking. Your job is more than designing and pushing buttons on a printer. You have a responsibility to the entire copyright world that you're a part of, so you must act the part.

Pat Whatley

Major League Baseball welcomes teams to wear uniforms identical to the big leagues...and to use the names of the big league teams....as long as they buy officially licensed uniforms from licensed suppliers and don't use the name or logos on anything themselves, just the uniforms.

Sounds cruel and heartless but it's the same thing as people here bitching that somebody stole their artwork and had another shop do the work. MLB owns the logos, they make the rules to protect them.

txsurfer

I would like to know an honest answer, how many here have printed a little league banner with a MLB Logo on it?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I don't think I've ever reproduced it at all in my entire career, without written authority and I don;t think anyone in the shop has ever done it without my knowing.

I've already reproduced some of these things for kid's bedroom walls or bicycles and not charged for it.

We do lotsa sports related things, but never without signatures. Heck, we just had to wait on some signatures recently and then along with the Okay.... they sent the artwork. We didn't even have to look for it, scan it in or anything. That's usually how it works, but not always.

Signs4Realtors

I would like to know an honest answer, how many here have printed a little league banner with a MLB Logo on it?

I guess I should not have my 3 boys playing t-ball and little league until the organizers stop using the major league baseball names so my kids names aren't on the uniforms and banners of the wanna be NY Yankees without written consent. Forget about the logo on my banner, let's stop supporting little league across America because all of their banners look a little too much like the major league baseball logos (or we could just make the banners look ugly and not use the actual logo due to copyright concerns and isn't that an issue in itself that the work is of poor quality...which is it...the artwork looks too much like the original or the artwork is too poor and embarrassing the original?)

Last edited by a moderator:

Brandon708

I have. I will continue to do so. The team has the rights to use the logo and if they need something with the logo on it I will do it. ITS LITTLE LEAGUE!