• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Océ dongle

growler

can I 'accidently' get one of these anywhere, along with the service manual? 460GT

all my techs do is turn up then load their laptop up with service manual and go from there, I have more experience fixing machines then they do! It's a little frustrating watching them burn time and $$$ with inexperience.

I am not saying they are not good at their job, just that I can do it just as well with the same tools if they were made available to me.

Techman

have a hot babe take him to lunch, While she has him out plying him with her charms,,,
Snatch up his lappy,, take it to the bathroom and copy the data from his lappy onto your secret usb key.

When done call her so she can dump the rascal. He comes back and you have a copy of the goodies that you can spread all over the planet and to all your 101 partners.

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
The dongles also expire every so often... had a tech come out and his expired so couldn't unlock the machine to work on it.
Probably some security in case something like this ever happens, it won't work for too long :(
Would be very interested in the service manual though... I'm not entirely sure they reside permanently on the laptop though.
My tech has to be online to view them... looks like they might download on demand.

Nate1n22

I believe Fuji offers a training class that when all is said and done you get the dongle and their service guide.

DravidDavid

I believe Fuji offers a training class that when all is said and done you get the dongle and their service guide.

Sign me up!

And yes, they cost hundreds of dollars for new dongles as they expire every 12 months. It's to stop technicians going out on their own, making money servicing machines and under-cutting authorized service providers.

The expired dongles will work with a roll-back on the computer's system clock. That would be pretty easy to do.