• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Oce Arizona 350GT power on but motion error

Steven.Cao

The printer powered on bit nothing on the screen, the motherboard was gone, so I replaced a same model board bought from ebay.

The printer can pass the installation of RFID board. Then Initialising Z axis completed. Initialising carriage, it showed motion error after I lift and lower the carriage guard.

3 emergency button released. Maintenance draw closed. Carriage guard placed. Nothing was in the way of carriage and gantry.

The roll management part did not install yet.

Please help and suggest.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 20230805_104309.jpg
    20230805_104309.jpg
    927.7 KB · Views: 337
  • 20230805_165620.jpg
    20230805_165620.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 124
  • 20230805_165615.jpg
    20230805_165615.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 129
Last edited:

Technician

Drive it hard
Is this a machine you installing?
You said roll management part not install yet. Do you mean the RMO is not installed yet?? If not then you must connected the cable together that sense if the the hatch is open on RMO.
//M

Steven.Cao

Is this a machine you installing?
You said roll management part not install yet. Do you mean the RMO is not installed yet?? If not then you must connected the cable together that sense if the the hatch is open on RMO.
//M
Thanks. I will connect it and try again.

If this is RMO interlock problem you will see this Printer error immediately. not when the carriage is initialized.
Remove the cover in right side of the printer and take a look at carriage motor. If this is small motor with 4 brushes, remove it, check and clean the holes.
Before this it is good idea to enter in service mode with service key. Check what is going on with carriage encoder reader. There is test in Carriage. I think was in "information".
You may have a problem with carriage encoder reader and this is first that you can check. It is easy if you have service key.
Maybe it's just dirty. It might as well be dead. The fact that its indicator is green only means that it is green :).

Steven.Cao

Sadly no service key. But will look into the motor brushes, a few topics about this issue. Update later. Thanks

ToTo

Professional Support
I guess motor brushes are overused. 350 has two big brushes, which are more robust. But take em out and clean with sealed air and vacuum cleaner.
The carriage encoder you can check?visually, if you can see the status led on the read head. Open carriage and take a look in the opening at center of carriage. You can not directly look at the led itself, but you can determine the reflection on metal parts. Green is ok, red is bad reading, orange means something in between.

Sadly no service key. But will look into the motor brushes, a few topics about this issue. Update later. Thanks
It is more likely that the problem is with the encoder reader. Without a service key, it won't be easy to prove. You can swap places on this reader with either of the other two on the beam. There is a place along the beam where you can access the carriage reader. I would start by testing this reader and line to the carriage board.
Check for grease or other garbage in front of the reader window. The printer is too old. May be you have to open the sensor and try to clean the window inside.
Check the belt position also. Can you move the carriage by hand when the servo doesn't work?
Try to find the service key. You will save a lot of time for diagnostics.

Steven.Cao

when power on the printer,
1. it will install and check the hardware,
2. carriage lift up, the printer stuck here then motion error.
3. What is next if the carriage passes the lifing up stage?

when power on the printer,
1. it will install and check the hardware,
2. carriage lift up, the printer stuck here then motion error.
3. What is next if the carriage passes the lifing up stage?
To move the carriage left/right, to move the gantry beam forward backward, to park the carriage and gantry in home position.
After this to move carriage on Z to home position(down).
In your pictures you can see message: Initializing carriage and after this Printer error. This mean that the first movement is carriage movement.
After Print error you have also message to go to Service mode. There you can check and see what is going on.
Without service key you will just ask there and will see how the machine work when start.

Can you move free with hand the carriage and gantry when the printer is off?

Steven.Cao

The printer was powered off by the engineer and a rubber pad was put under the carriage. When I powered on the printer after i replaced a used motherboard, I only got the carriage moving up, then motion error. The carriage only freely moved 2-3cm left and right. Gantry stuck there, no movement.

The printer was powered off by the engineer and a rubber pad was put under the carriage. When I powered on the printer after i replaced a used motherboard, I only got the carriage moving up, then motion error. The carriage only freely moved 2-3cm left and right. Gantry stuck there, no movement.
2-3 cm is normal movement. Can you move the carriage and gantry beam buy hand(more than 2-3 cm when the printer is power of or after Printer error?
If yes you may have problem with carriage encoder reader. If you have service key you can check this reader easy and for 1 minute. There aren't too many probabilities here.

No movement at all if I push gantry beam by hand when power off. Should there any free movement for a working one?
When the power is completely OFF from the switch or when there is an error generated "Printer error" the servo doesn't work.
You should be able to move the beam back and forth completely freely from end to end of the table. Likewise, you should be able to move the carriage along the entire length of the beam.
If you can't - there is a mechanical problem. Most often with one of the belts that move the carriage(one) or beam(two belts).
Is this a large table(XT) or a small one(GT)? When was it installed? Do you have on the table RMO? Roll Media Option???
There is also 3 clutch's between motors and pulley. This is the roller that transmits the rotational movement of the belt. You have also some bearings,
but I've never seen a defective bearing on these machines, and I've seen a lot. It's not impossible. Who knows.
If you can not move the carriage by hand(power off), you have to remove all covers. Left and right on the beam, front and rear cover of the table(to check the gantry beam).

Last edited:
No about clutch. Here we are working with closed eyes and we have to question you.
So ...
Is this printer is new for you(I mean new installation) or before this problem the printer was in working condition?
If the printer is new and if it is not installed from service person and if when the printer is power off or after Printer error you can not move the gantry beam with hands.
- Remove the left and right bottom covers of the gantry beam. You have one screw 3mm in short side. Can you see something in red color? Take pictures, please!
- Take a look of the position of the belts. You have to remove front and back side covers of the table. It is easy. Take a look under covers and will see few screws.
This is just covers. Remove it.
Write when you are ready.

Steven.Cao

found this metal block installed under the carriage yo secure the carriage, which stop carriage to be moved.

The printer finally can move the carriage to the waste ink area.

Then gantry error.

Wondering any similar things for the gantry please?

The printer was powered off and serviced by the engineer before i bought and transport to my unit.
I am new to flat bed.

Attachments

• 20230813_213722.jpg
    20230813_213722.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 106
Last edited:
Remove it. It is normal if the printer is prepared for transport from Arizona service engineer.
But it is not installed from him.
Remove this bracket(just remove the screws), remove the two lower gantry covers(left and right).
Take a look for red aluminium small red block's that fix the gantry beam to the table. Remove all in red that you see :)
You have to level the printer also. For GT this is easy. You are lucky that this is GT.
When you finish you have to move by hand the carriage and the gantry.
If under carriage there is something like cover - remove it as well.
Find some leveler. Level the machine with the treads of the wheels. Will be better if remove first the overlay. The aluminium plate with holes.
Fortunately, in GT, leveling is not so important. Just make sure the machine is not tilted diagonally.

Attachments

• AZ1.png
    AZ1.png
    689.4 KB · Views: 93
  • AZ2.png
    AZ2.png
    619.1 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:

Steven.Cao

It is my fault totally.
I should check the brackets before everything.

Thanks for the help!
The printer has passed all the processes now. it is ready for the coolant and ink.