• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

"Oh Buddy, you are WAAAY off!"

Signworks_WI

When someone says that price is way to high and I can get it "there", and I can get it now, then I tell them go and get it there right now, because I just cannot do it......I normally see those customers back within a month and have a change of heart....funny, I thought I was tooooo expensive........Then I just have to smile!

shudson77

Ahhhh lowballing customers...

I have a customer that tells me each time they can get a banner for $2.00/sq. ft online. And he brought one in and wanted me to repair it because it ripped in a wind storm.....I use 13oz banner material...the banner he got for $2/sq ft was like 6oz plastic....he is paying our price with no complaints now!!!!

Rooster

I have one customer that I've been dealing with for close to 15 years now. We do a nice 76-88 page color catalogue for him every year.

He's left us twice over the years. Both times because his "wife" knew somebody who could do it cheaper. The first time he took two years to come back, the second time he took six months.

He was moaning and groaning this year again and talked about leaving us again. I just asked him if the new guys would be as receptive to some of the things we've done for them over the years. Like welcoming him into our home on boxing day to go over his proofs.

We booked it again. Not because we were cheapest, but because we offered more value. Sometimes you need to gently remind them of some of the stuff they've taken for granted over the years.

TXGraphix24

Dont get your head down. Just remember you have to make a living too. Theres just some crazy people that believe they can get everything for barely anything. One thing ive learned is that there will always be another person walking in that door looking for your services. Dont get your head down.

cdiesel

It comes down to the fact that people view what we do as a commodity, and don't believe it takes any talent.

I had the owner of a very large company that does hundreds of millions of dollars in sales each year, bitch about me charging him $145 for 100 6"x4" print/lam/cut decals. He actually does quite a bit of business with us, so I *discounted* them to that price. And he had the nerve to bitch about pricing.

Not to mention the fact that they ordered them on Friday, and they needed to be next day aired to the hotel they were staying at, for the race they were running one of their three race cars... that he hauls in one of his stacker/toters... that his full-time race team uses... for his son to drive. WTF?!?