• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ok Have at it

laserman70

We want to change our logo. I am working on a bunch of different designs. We would like it to be a bit edgie..

Attachments

• logo.jpg
    logo.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 138

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Looks like an old '57 Studebaker dashboard.

It's very hard to read and I too would be anxious to see what else you might've done so far.

briankb

Premium Subscriber
What's the name of your company? "Graphics Wraps" doesn't sound right. Do you only do auto wraps?

Right off, the perspectives are all different and causing discord.

SignManiac

You might want to start with just black and white. Using every effect in the book makes it kind of hard to see what's underneath the bells and whistles.

Pat Whatley

It doesn't matter how many effects you throw at a bad design it will still be a bad design. Keep working with it. Like Rick said, I'd love to see the other ones.

Craig Sjoquist

1st thing is ..design & graphics script is ok but no effects just plain color will read better

2nd thing it reads CG WRAPS but it looks like a button to push and a dashboard

Your looking for what a business identity would look like not a surf boaard

fmg

The only edge bit I can see in that logo is 'Off the edge of a cliff' Boring sorry but don't do anything for me.I wouldn't want to spend my money with you!
Sorry if I offend just telling it as I see it!

Colin

Keep in mind too.......while we in the business know what a "wrap" is, does the general public? At a glance, wouldn't they possibly think of a lunch item?

Mikeifg

Unless you do alot of wraps, what are your niches and maybe go with that. We do wraps to but I don't advertise them because we do alot of large fleet work.

laserman70

Below is not what i want. I know I am over thinking this...
I need to go back to the paper.. I do alot of airbrushing and sometimes I just need to walk away and sit with paper and a pencil, this is one time. lol
Thanks for giving me the kick i need. I knew you guys would..

Attachments

• logoboring.jpg
    logoboring.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 124

speedmedia

Yes, you don't want either one of those. No offense but in terms of readability and creativity they lack. You are trying to sell a creative service to your clients so you should really put some research into what you want your logo to tell your potential clients. This one scream "I just bought Photoshop and Aurora Graphics"

I am not saying this to be mean but more for "tough love" We have all been there and done that so if you take some advice and criticism well you can go a long ways and get some very valuable help. Keep plugging away at it and posting your work, there are some very good people on here that will help you achieve your goals if you put the effort into it.

Thanks,
Kurt

Colin

Without all of the computer effects, all you essentially have there is an oval with the dreaded Serpentine font for the title and a script underneath. As a lure for wraps, it doesn't work.

And all those effects on the script renders it illegible.

Jillbeans

Take away all the special effects and you still have kind of a squishy looking dated font, with a weird scripty tagline hovering above Wraps.
Re-think everything.
Serpentine had its day and everyone loved it, but now it's kinda like a well used cheerleader under the bleachers.
Think clean.
I'm not sure which fonts you like best but MyFonts has several alternatives to Serpentine.
Here's a 30-second suggestion.
Love....Jill

Attachments

• Graphic1.jpg
    Graphic1.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 100

laserman70

Without all of the computer effects, all you essentially have there is an oval with the dreaded Serpentine font for the title and a script underneath. As a lure for wraps, it doesn't work.

And all those effects on the script renders it illegible.

My thoughts exactly, i threw that one together in 2 mins. to show what I dont want. Anyone can create an oval and add effects and I see so much of it.

I agree it does need to be simplified.

The name of the company is CG Wraps.. No, we do not only do wraps.. We do graphics, advertising setup and the normal sign shop items.

We started out just doing motorcycle graphics and named the company Cycle Grafix.. I was doing alot of airbrushing. We started designing graphics that could be applied for those who did not have the money to pay for airbrushing. We outsourced all of our graphics to a local company.
The company ran into trouble, we bought their machines and started doing them ourselves. Then it started, people wanted graphics for trucks, signs, and everything else.
So we decided to call the other company CG Wraps, using the two first letters of our business Cycle Grafix.
Was not well thought out but it happened quickly..

Here is where it started to where we are now. We are going to rewrap all vehicles, calming things down, but hoping to still have some edge due to the amount of cycle graphics we do.

Thanks for the help..
It is amazing how easy it is to do for other companies, but for my own I have such mental blocks lol...

1st is Cycle Grafix
2nd First logo for CGwraps
3rd is what have been using (just lettering)

Attachments

• cg1.jpg
    cg1.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 92
  • cgw1.jpg
    cgw1.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 109
  • cgw2.jpg
    cgw2.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 96