• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ok Have at it

Jillbeans

Of this latch batch, all are virtually illegible.
You are relying too much on fills to try and tart up what is essentially a poor layout.
Try scrapping those fonts for a start.
What about something retro biker looking? Kind of old school?

Craig Sjoquist

Post #15 is alot more readable then 1st
These last 3 are well not sure what they are.

Start with post #15 use the oval as background and expand your name over the border of oval.

Jillbeans

Something along the line of the typography in these.

Attachments

• angel.jpg
    angel.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 95
  • angel-unchained.jpg
    angel-unchained.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 99
  • big.jpg
    big.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 104
  • cycle.jpg
    cycle.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 123
  • easy.jpg
    easy.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 115
  • glory-stompers.jpg
    glory-stompers.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 98
  • hellride_poster.jpg
    hellride_poster.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 72
  • murder.jpg
    murder.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 87
  • naked.jpg
    naked.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 94
  • outlaw.jpg
    outlaw.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 90
  • trip.jpg
    trip.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 95

laserman70

Of this latch batch, all are virtually illegible.
You are relying too much on fills to try and tart up what is essentially a poor layout.
Try scrapping those fonts for a start.
What about something retro biker looking? Kind of old school?

Jill, I agree on your thoughts. That is why we need to change everything. Business continues to get better and we want to appeal to all not just one segment of the population.
I like the retro thought, I will have to look for some decent fonts and keep it simple. Like I said above, time for paper and pencil.. Back to what I do when I paint..

Jillbeans

Just playing around with some fonts.
(trying to avoid wallpapering my bedroom)

Attachments

• Graphic1.jpg
    Graphic1.jpg
    338.1 KB · Views: 91

Joe Diaz

I have a challenge for you. Try starting over from scratch but this time do a design ONLY in vector. No gradients, no textures, no chrome effects, no flares.. just vector shapes and lettering. Think Contrast. Don't put two equal value colors next to or on top of each other. It helps me to just start with black and white then add color.

Challenge yourself to make a design that is exciting and memorable but not because of effects, because at its core it is great design. You don't need effects to stand out. What you will find is that in the process you have also created a much easier to read and a cleaner design. Because what good is all of those effects if the message is lost?

Colin

IMO, all three of those (in post #20) are a disaster.

I imagine that you will warm to my following recommendation as much as you would to an ice-cold bath plunge, but I suggest that you ought to have your logo designed by a professional logo designer. Even going to 99designs would result in a logo a thousand times better.