• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Okay...Signs365 just pulled the most epic customer service job EVER

Pat Whatley

I am sitting here absolutely stunned about what just happened. I can't even figure out how to write about it.

Signs365 is in Michigan. I'm in Alabama. Yesterday I ordered two 2'x6' banners for same day production but through an error on my part or theirs the banners didn't ship yesterday.

Two little banners. Yes, it annoyed me when I saw they didn't ship because it meant I had to call my customer and let them know I'd let them down. $45. Not a big order...not a life or death issue...just a standard little job.

So I go to the bank, come back and there is a cab in my parking lot. In that cab is Mark Phillips, Jr. from Signs365 with my two banners.

Dude got on a plane, flew from Michigan to Birmingham, rode in a cab over an hour and delivered my banners personally. My two little banners. I didn't even know what to say to him about it, I was, and am, in shock. He rushed in, delivered the banners and could only stay a couple of minutes because he had to get back to the airport so I couldn't even buy him dinner or golf or anything. Seriously, I thought I was doing great the time I drove two hours unannounced to correct a spelling error on a banner but this takes the cake.

That's the most awesomely ridiculous customer service EVER!

TheSnowman

Yep...that's pretty unreal...not sure I've ever heard of anyone topping that for customer service. Good to hear!

Baz

Sounds like you're gonna have to plan a trip to Michigan to say thank you in person :thumb:

skyhigh

you must spend a bodacious amount of money with them a year, is all I can say.

I guess that's why you can't answer your phone.
:rolleyes:

fozzie

Great service. But was it damage control from your previous post about their same day service not working?

Pat Whatley

I have no doubt that was part of it but come on....if you're gonna make a statement flying across the country to deliver a couple of banners is a pretty loud statement.

Do I think it was overboard and unnecessary? Completely. Am I gonna forget it? Not any time soon.

ProWraps

good on 'em. that makes a very powerful statement to their customer base. its great to see a company do that for their customers and even better to know there are still companies and people in this world that will stand behind their commitments. a+++

Typestries

Agreed.

I know this definitely makes me take a closer look at how well we treat our loyal customers. I mean we treat them very well......but not quite to that extent.

Time to change that!

Agreed. We are on a 8 hour round trip delivery at the moment, because our customers customer and the freight company both screwed up. It's a big order, though. Getting on a plane for a $45 order is quite impressive. I'd be willing to bet Pat does a tremendous volume with them, and it's not just about the $45 present order. Good on them—vendor behavior like this makes the industry more comfortable with outsourcing, which benefits us all.

David Wright

Maybe they figured the good PR Pat would give them was worth it also.
Whatever the motive or reason, they really are a good company. The only reason I
haven't purchased a printer is because of them.

SignManiac

Mistakes happen, it's how you handle them that sets a company apart from another!

Can never have too much integrity when running a business.

The only reason I haven't purchased a printer is because of them.

I agree. We are fairly new to the sign trade but it's hard to justify the purchase of a printer, the yearly maintenance, the cost of stocking materials, etc. when a trade printer can do it all for us. Granted, once we get to the point where we can keep a printer running daily, we will likely buy a printer, but until then we do 90% of our outsourced printing through Signs365 and they have been great to work with. In the few rare instances that we have had issues, they have gone above and beyond to maintain our business and our respect.