Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Okay...Signs365 just pulled the most epic customer service job EVER

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by Pat Whatley, Sep 19, 2013.

1. Pat Whatley

Pat Whatley Major Contributor

Sep 29, 2003
    Wetumpka, AL
    I am sitting here absolutely stunned about what just happened. I can't even figure out how to write about it.

Signs365 is in Michigan. I'm in Alabama. Yesterday I ordered two 2'x6' banners for same day production but through an error on my part or theirs the banners didn't ship yesterday.

Two little banners. Yes, it annoyed me when I saw they didn't ship because it meant I had to call my customer and let them know I'd let them down. $45. Not a big order...not a life or death issue...just a standard little job.

So I go to the bank, come back and there is a cab in my parking lot. In that cab is Mark Phillips, Jr. from Signs365 with my two banners.

Dude got on a plane, flew from Michigan to Birmingham, rode in a cab over an hour and delivered my banners personally. My two little banners. I didn't even know what to say to him about it, I was, and am, in shock. He rushed in, delivered the banners and could only stay a couple of minutes because he had to get back to the airport so I couldn't even buy him dinner or golf or anything. Seriously, I thought I was doing great the time I drove two hours unannounced to correct a spelling error on a banner but this takes the cake.

That's the most awesomely ridiculous customer service EVER!

Tags:
  2. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    jesus. 7 thumbs up for him!

:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

3. TheSnowman

TheSnowman Major Contributor

Aug 28, 2007
    Indiana
    Yep...that's pretty unreal...not sure I've ever heard of anyone topping that for customer service. Good to hear!

4. Pat Whatley

Sep 29, 2003
    Wetumpka, AL
    I think this means I'm obligated to fly to Detroit and buy him lunch.

5. GAC05

GAC05 Major Contributor

Dec 27, 2005
    Guam USA
    I think Jesus wouldn't have needed a cab to get there but still, that is pretty damn impressive service.....

wayne k
    guam usa

6. Moze

Moze Precision Sign Services

Feb 27, 2012
    Dallas, TX
    That's awesome.

7. HulkSmash

HulkSmash Major Contributor

Sep 10, 2010
    Denver.
    maybe he had a long layover. Either way great service.

8. Baz

Baz Very Active Member

Sounds like you're gonna have to plan a trip to Michigan to say thank you in person :thumb:

9. skyhigh

skyhigh Major Contributor

Jun 16, 2005
    PA
    you must spend a bodacious amount of money with them a year, is all I can say.

I guess that's why you can't answer your phone.
    :rolleyes:

10. Pat Whatley

Sep 29, 2003
    Wetumpka, AL
    :thumb:

11. fozzie

fozzie Member

Aug 26, 2012
    illinois
    Great service. But was it damage control from your previous post about their same day service not working?

12. Pat Whatley

Sep 29, 2003
    Wetumpka, AL
    I have no doubt that was part of it but come on....if you're gonna make a statement flying across the country to deliver a couple of banners is a pretty loud statement.

Do I think it was overboard and unnecessary? Completely. Am I gonna forget it? Not any time soon.

13. John Butto

John Butto Very Active Member

Jan 9, 2007
    I told this story to my wife and her statement was "see what a little *****ing will get ya".

14. ProWraps

ProWraps Very Active Member

Sep 30, 2009
    San Francisco, CA
    good on 'em. that makes a very powerful statement to their customer base. its great to see a company do that for their customers and even better to know there are still companies and people in this world that will stand behind their commitments. a+++

15. Locals Find!

Locals Find! Very Active Member

Oct 17, 2010
    Fort Myers
    Wow!

16. 401Graphics

401Graphics Very Active Member

Freakin Awesome!!!! Great job 365! :notworthy::thumb::U Rock:

17. HDvinyl

HDvinyl Trump 2020

Nov 20, 2008
    halfway house.
    signsfromabove.com?

Indeed an impressive customer service accomplishment. :thumb:

18. Typestries

Typestries Very Active Member

Jan 8, 2007
    NJ | VT
    Agreed. We are on a 8 hour round trip delivery at the moment, because our customers customer and the freight company both screwed up. It's a big order, though. Getting on a plane for a $45 order is quite impressive. I'd be willing to bet Pat does a tremendous volume with them, and it's not just about the $45 present order. Good on them—vendor behavior like this makes the industry more comfortable with outsourcing, which benefits us all.

19. David Wright

David Wright Very Active Member

Nov 25, 2003
    Wyandotte, Mi
    Maybe they figured the good PR Pat would give them was worth it also.
    Whatever the motive or reason, they really are a good company. The only reason I
    haven't purchased a printer is because of them.

20. HDvinyl

HDvinyl Trump 2020

Nov 20, 2008
    halfway house.
    If YOU lived in Detroit, you would leave any chance you could too.

21. SignManiac

SignManiac Major Contributor

Mar 25, 2006
    Mars Florida
    Mistakes happen, it's how you handle them that sets a company apart from another!

Can never have too much integrity when running a business.

22. Pixels Are Bad Mmmkay?

Pixels Are Bad Mmmkay? Very Active Member

I agree. We are fairly new to the sign trade but it's hard to justify the purchase of a printer, the yearly maintenance, the cost of stocking materials, etc. when a trade printer can do it all for us. Granted, once we get to the point where we can keep a printer running daily, we will likely buy a printer, but until then we do 90% of our outsourced printing through Signs365 and they have been great to work with. In the few rare instances that we have had issues, they have gone above and beyond to maintain our business and our respect.

23. David Wright

David Wright Very Active Member

Nov 25, 2003
    Wyandotte, Mi
    Last time I checked they were in Mt. Clemens although the website says Shelby twp.
    If you knew this area, you wouldn't make ignorant remarks like that.