• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Omega 3.0

Marlene

3.0 rocks! congrats to all at Gerber for their great work and attention to what we need to do our jobs. :loveya:

signage

Tony is Gerber going to screw the people that first jump on board like they did with the 2.5 upgrade? First people that upgraded didn't get the design seat that was offered later for the same price?

Ken Sankey

I'm running omega 2.6 my favorite features over the flexi-Illy I have is the vector capabilities. Omega rocks in my books and a workhorse for spot color prints.:notworthy:

Ken Sankey

I know they can be exported as TIFF, JPEG, EPS, and other file formats. Had to do a Christmas display that required sending in a cad format to cut steel fitting to a printed graphic. Just got ahead of myself. Next up could be an edge that prints better than 300dpi? Or just wishful thinking on my part.

threeputt

Wow, Signage you sure have a way with words. Tony is a super guy and Gerber a quality company. I wouldn't be so quick to impune them as you have.

iSign

I agree 110%

I only agree 50%... for 2 reasons... I met Brian the same time I met Tony, & I'm sure Brian would agree 100% that Tony is a great guy, and didn't say or imply anything to the contrary...

..and the other reason, is because I forked out around $500 at that same meeting to be the first one on my block to help Gerber recoup some of their expenses for investing in Tony to develop 2.5, as I am guessing Brian did as well...

so, to find out later that they were giving the design station FREE to get others to pony up the 5 bills... but expecting us loyal first wave upgraders to pay $700 for the design station was a royal screwing in my words too!

signage

Thanks Doug I new their were others that got the same! Tony is a great guy! It's just what Gerber did that still got my goat!

threeputt

Ok Doug, thanks for the back story. Wasn't fully aware of that bit. I'll back off.

Back to topic:
To my mind, Gerber has always been pricey but their stuff is good and solid. Also I've not personally encountered anything that could be described as chicanery with the Company itself. I did have a falling out with one of their distributors however at one time. (we're back together)

And I've been buying Gerber since the Four B. Lots of upgrades, two stations.

But it does sound like you and Signage got the short end of that stick.

beckys

I think all the features look really cool.
Will the upgrade include the layout station?
Or would I have to buy (2) copies?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Bump - it's the salesman in me.

pops_blinking.gif
Maybe it's time for Dana to take out a merchant subscription.

Dane DeFord

I only agree 50%... for 2 reasons... I met Brian the same time I met Tony, & I'm sure Brian would agree 100% that Tony is a great guy, and didn't say or imply anything to the contrary...

..and the other reason, is because I forked out around $500 at that same meeting to be the first one on my block to help Gerber recoup some of their expenses for investing in Tony to develop 2.5, as I am guessing Brian did as well...

so, to find out later that they were giving the design station FREE to get others to pony up the 5 bills... but expecting us loyal first wave upgraders to pay $700 for the design station was a royal screwing in my words too!
I too jumped on the band wagon and upgraded to 2.6.1. Like isign I find out about the free design station. When I called Gerber to inquire about the offer they basically told me "sorry you've already upgraded, we've got your money and if you want the design station you'll have to pay". And, "oh yeah thanks for your loyalty". Kinda goes along the same road as the distributor that I bought my equipment from. Haven't seen hide nor hair from Advantage Sign Supply since they dropped off my equipment that faithfull day. But that's another chapter. I'm not mad about it, just dissapointed.

Dane

GB2

Old Member
You know...what you're complaining about with the previous design station offer is understandable but I currently find a similar situation with almost all special offers from all suppliers I deal with, certainly not only Gerber. It's tough to be positioned on the dividing line but equally understandably, every company has to draw the line somewhere. At least Gerber states their policies and sticks to them. This complaint is the equivalent of complaining about every item you ever bought that subsequently went on sale, so honestly I think this is a moot issue at this point.

signage

Gary all I was saying is I do not think I would be the first to purchase an upgrade from them, I would rather wait they will most likely add some type of sweetener! JM.02

Marlene

I'll help ya bump this up Tony

there's a special offer and discount going on to upgrade right now so waiting might cost you more.