• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Omega 3.0

GB2

Old Member
Gary all I was saying is I do not think I would be the first to purchase an upgrade from them, I would rather wait they will most likely add some type of sweetener! JM.02

Brian...I understand your point but trying to predict the best future sale and time your purchase accordingly is kind of like buying stocks or gambling. You just have to make intelligent decisions, understand that at some point in the future things may be more or less advantageous, be satisfied with that knowledge and move on. You know, I found myself in a similar position with that last design station/upgrade offer. I had planned to upgrade and get that offer but I kept procrastinating and finally called Gerber 8 hours after the offer expired to see if they could still give it to me because I really meant to call yesterday...they told me no and I decided to just wait then until the next version...and here we are! Personally, I think these are fairly attractive upgrade offer prices at this time.

DiS

Wondering if we could get a trial version of this to review, I have 2.61 but want to review before I upgrade my version as seems to offer many new options. Got to hold onto some monet to seem me through thr financial storm here in the UK ?

Tony could this be organised, Spandex here in UK never seems motivated to help with things like this..

Thanks

Tony Teveris

2.6 to 3.0 will be $395

Starting with 2 or more upgrades will include a discount.

If you own a Standard Omega and a Layout Station then you need 2 upgrades.

If you bought or upgraded to 2.6 after Dec 1, 2008 your upgrade will be free to Omega 3.0

For those that want to try before you buy you can still install with out a "key" or upgrade password and operate in "demo" mode. This means no output but all design functions are possible.

meltsner

Hi, kind of late on the bandwagon here, just now noticed the new 3.0 on GSP today. Love what I see in the new features, would love to upgrade!! (using 2.61 now)

We understood that the new version would include support for more printers and plotters. Is this true, and what are the models "added"?

Thanks for any info!

meltsner

All the printers. :smile: No, actually concerned most about the wide format photo printers (Epson 7800/9800) and wide format solvent printers (Mutoh). Never really looked into them in detail, but we might need to soon as our Maxx2 is getting older (and outdated)!! Our paper (laser) printers are set up fine.

Is there a list somewhere perhaps that lists all supported wide-formats?
Thanks!

GB2

Old Member
OK....don't tell me I did it again....I can't seem to find the upgrade price and date offer...please don't tell me I missed it yesterday....

DiS

Spandex here in the Uk are heavily discounting upgrades to V3 as we have in the last 4 months upgraded to 2.61 we are reluctant to spend any more on a new version if not really worth the expense.

Does anyone see benefits of V3 from what they have read as it's hard to judge change from text mailings or perhaps TONY T could provide a demo so I could review ( I could supply dongle numbers to proove we are users?).

Spandex here don't really want to help...

D

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
the smart edit feature has grown by leaps and bounds....after putting on outlines and shadows, you can go back and edit the text, and now you don't have to manually redo the outlines and shadows....being able to touch up images right in composer instead of going to another program is nice as well...these are only a couple of the features that i like in 3.0

Marlene

I too love the new features. I like that I can make changes without having to re-do everything. the software is set up to work like real people work and that's is what I like about Gerber software.

smdgrfx

Is there any support for large format printers? I have a JV3 and an Edge for printing. I have a GS15plus, a Summa D620, and a Graphtec FC8000 for plotters. I use no less than 4 programs just to get things done operating all of my equipment. I can't use the full functionality of my Summa and Graphtec with Omega 2.61, but I can with Flexi and Signlab. It sucks having to keep up with all these licenses...