• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

One of Wednesday's projects - police tahoe

intensegraphics

Pretty simple project overall. It did however manage to reinforce my hatred for reflective vinyl :)

Attachments

• tahoe 1.jpg
    tahoe 1.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 136
  • tahoe 2.jpg
    tahoe 2.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 100
  • tahoe 3.jpg
    tahoe 3.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 96

Signco Inc

General Manager
There is no reason to hate reflective any more. 3m's IJ680 with compy is God's gift to the vinyl installer. I recently did a tahoe for a local fire department. After I pulled it out of our shop to take pictures I noticed the malteese cross was a little off. Now I already squeegee the material and took the premask off. I still was able take the cross off the truck go back and re-premask it and apply it back on straight. No more scaring and no more need another set of hands. When I need red or yellow reflective I print the color on the 680 (because it only comes in white). This stuff is the best.

kstompaint

Intense- The Tahoe looks good, I love the subtle yellow-white gradient.

We use Nikkalite reflective. It's not so forgiving that you can remove and replace it, but the price... oh the price! We can actually make money with a reflective job without scaring the customer across the county at the sight of the quote. We're installing some tomorrow on an F350 for a local fire company, I'll post pix.

kstompaint

ok, you called me out. Sorry, I forgot!
Everything but the gold is printed on Nikkalite reflective.

Attachments

• FTship ds.jpg
    FTship ds.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 80
  • FTship gate.jpg
    FTship gate.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 92