• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

onyx 12 Postershop and cut server

altereddezignz

I am loosing my mind i think but can someone please tell me how to cut a simple cut path file. No print no contour cut. Like i want to cut my name out of white vinyl saved as an illustrator file?

altereddezignz

OK well that is a headache having to save all my eps or AI files to a SVG now for it to see the image to cut... Let me ask this if i may. I did what you said but the file is 2 colors. One color is red and one is black for different words. When i open in cut server it is all one color. I am guessing i can not create or work with multi layer vinyl in cut server.

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
You can use an EPS file in Onyx.
You need to make sure that the cut line is called "CutContour" and is a spot colour.
Onyx will then interpret it as a line to be cut, and not printed.

Ssmedia7

Here are the settings for the
Cmyk spot color

CutContour_Kiss
Spot Color
C 0
M 0
Y 0
K 100

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

altereddezignz

There are tons of ONYX videos on youtube, I've learned a lot from them in the last while.

I haven't used CutServer yet but hopefully this helps (just ignore the print part if you're doing cut only) Contour Cutting Workflow for X10 - YouTube

I actually watched this video late last night. This would work if your using a single color cut file but not with multiple cuts. Like let's say perf cut and contour cut.

That and not sure it would work if using a file that needs to Be multiple colors cut unless you Jae a file for each color.

Christian @ 2CT Media

In the svg you need to save each color as an individual layer. Hover over one in cut server, right click and choose new cut path, it will separate it out to a new layer. Then you can cut them individually.

altereddezignz

In the svg you need to save each color as an individual layer. Hover over one in cut server, right click and choose new cut path, it will separate it out to a new layer. Then you can cut them individually.

So Each cut path or contourcut is on its own layer in illustrator. I have saved to a svg file but still only shows one cut path in cut server.

altereddezignz

Also i just want to make sure everyone knows exactly hat i am needing. I know the first one states about cutting a single color.

Lets say you want to cut your name out of vinyl. Red outline with green letters. So i cannot build a file that shows and put the different cut paths in cut server correctly. No matter the name used if it starts with Cut Contour in illustrator is sees it as the same color.

jfiscus

Rap Master
I installed an additional cutting software program on the same PC that my RIP is on. It is the same software that we cut to our other plotters from, but we hardly ever use the RIP pc to just cut. We have a lot of plotters though.