Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Onyx encountering anti-virus

Discussion in 'RIP Software & Color Management' started by Anastasi55, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Anastasi55

Anastasi55 Member

May 17, 2019
    New Jersey
    We had a power outage yesterday, and now after rebooting the PC that functioned as the server for our printer, Onyx's RipQueue won't open. I first get a window from the anti-virus that says "Do you want to allow the following program from an unknown publisher to make changes to this computer?" (screenshot attached). To which I click "Yes." And then, I get the Sentinel LDK Protection System telling me, "Feature access denied (H0005)" (second screenshot).

Has anyone had this problem before? Due to the extra work our IT guy had to do yesterday, he's out today.

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. JBurton

JBurton Signtologist

Sep 28, 2017
    Arkansas
    If you have not already, try a fresh reboot. Looks like you need to find the Sentinel driver program, right click it, select run as administrator. Otherwise you may need to add it to the firewall exceptions.

3. Anastasi55

Anastasi55 Member

May 17, 2019
    New Jersey
    I tried adding Postershop.exe to the exceptions, but I still got that error. I have plenty of hand cutting to do, so I can wait until tomorrow...

4. JBurton

JBurton Signtologist

Sep 28, 2017
    Arkansas
    Some days it is just better to let it be and wait for Mr IT to bang his head against it later!

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious! Hilarious! x 1
  5. Solventinkjet

Solventinkjet DIY Printer Fixing Guide

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    Does Onyx require a dongle? Is the computer recognizing it when you plug it in?

6. unclebun

unclebun Very Active Member

The window you posted is not from antivirus. It's Windows User Account Control. You should only see that in PosterShop if you are trying to run it as an Administrator, which is not the normal behavior for the PosterShop icon. It normally runs as a non-administrator user. You only need to run as Administrator to do certain changes/additions.

The second message has to do with the USB security key (dongle) required to run Onyx. It requires a driver program in order to work.

It might be that reinstalling Onyx and the driver for the dongle is in order.

• Agree Agree x 1