• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Onyx encountering anti-virus

Anastasi55

We had a power outage yesterday, and now after rebooting the PC that functioned as the server for our printer, Onyx's RipQueue won't open. I first get a window from the anti-virus that says "Do you want to allow the following program from an unknown publisher to make changes to this computer?" (screenshot attached). To which I click "Yes." And then, I get the Sentinel LDK Protection System telling me, "Feature access denied (H0005)" (second screenshot).

Has anyone had this problem before? Due to the extra work our IT guy had to do yesterday, he's out today.

Attachments

• 20200121_131617.jpg
    20200121_131617.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 222
  • error message.PNG
    error message.PNG
    7.4 KB · Views: 183

Anastasi55

I tried adding Postershop.exe to the exceptions, but I still got that error. I have plenty of hand cutting to do, so I can wait until tomorrow...

unclebun

The window you posted is not from antivirus. It's Windows User Account Control. You should only see that in PosterShop if you are trying to run it as an Administrator, which is not the normal behavior for the PosterShop icon. It normally runs as a non-administrator user. You only need to run as Administrator to do certain changes/additions.

The second message has to do with the USB security key (dongle) required to run Onyx. It requires a driver program in order to work.

It might be that reinstalling Onyx and the driver for the dongle is in order.