• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Onyx postershop unable to read size from printer

Tatonka

I'm starting to think some of my issues have been not getting the profile installed properly to the printer. It always seems to happen when I switch brands, from 3M to Avery, or to a generic. I just reinstalled the Avery profile and it worked fine. Time will tell if that's the issue or not...

klingsdesigns

Keep me updated just got off the phone with Onyx for about 1.5 hours. Couldnt figure out the random size issue of changing files when bringing in and also no clue on the not getting page size from printer.

Tatonka

Keep me updated just got off the phone with Onyx for about 1.5 hours. Couldnt figure out the random size issue of changing files when bringing in and also no clue on the not getting page size from printer.

I've never had it change the size of my prints on me...yet.

mdjamesd

Are you referring as to when you have 54" media in the printer, and you open a 72" wide file in Onyx, and in Job Editor it shows as 63.6" wide? It varies on how the file is made/saved. I have chased this issue or years to no avail.

klingsdesigns

Are you referring as to when you have 54" media in the printer, and you open a 72" wide file in Onyx, and in Job Editor it shows as 63.6" wide? It varies on how the file is made/saved. I have chased this issue or years to no avail.

That is correct. It will randomly size it to different measurements.