Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Onyx postershop unable to read size from printer

Discussion in 'RIP Software & Color Management' started by Marshal, May 1, 2019.

1. Marshal

Marshal Member

Mar 29, 2017
    Minnesota
    I'm starting to think some of my issues have been not getting the profile installed properly to the printer. It always seems to happen when I switch brands, from 3M to Avery, or to a generic. I just reinstalled the Avery profile and it worked fine. Time will tell if that's the issue or not...

2. klingsdesigns

klingsdesigns Very Active Member

Apr 16, 2012
    Wisconsin
    Keep me updated just got off the phone with Onyx for about 1.5 hours. Couldnt figure out the random size issue of changing files when bringing in and also no clue on the not getting page size from printer.

3. Marshal

Marshal Member

Mar 29, 2017
    Minnesota
    I've never had it change the size of my prints on me...yet.

4. mdjamesd

mdjamesd Member

May 28, 2008
    Timonium, MD
    Are you referring as to when you have 54" media in the printer, and you open a 72" wide file in Onyx, and in Job Editor it shows as 63.6" wide? It varies on how the file is made/saved. I have chased this issue or years to no avail.

• Like Like x 1
  5. klingsdesigns

klingsdesigns Very Active Member

Apr 16, 2012
    Wisconsin
    That is correct. It will randomly size it to different measurements.