• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Onyx production house 10 - cropping issues

StuckUp Walls

Hello,

I'm getting a weird issue in Onyx production house 10 -> often when I print images that should fill up the printable area it will print outside and get cropping.
This also happens when I print large wall paper images which require panels, it will often crop off the right side of the image up to about an inch.

2013_06_17_16_00_11.jpg

Can anyone tell me whats ging on here? I use an epson gs6000.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bly

Your job is either set up on a width wider than the printer can physically print on, or your image falls outside the pdf page.
The former, probably.

StuckUp Walls

I always set the job up by the width of the media roll in preflight.

For example, the image i provided was 208 copies of our logo (8.5cm images) i sent from preflight to onyx production house. Onyx Production house laid them out to conserve media - they should all fit on the media without cropping right?

Bly

Is it only cropping along the far edge?

If so it means you're telling Onyx the roll is wider than the printer can actually print.

Sometimes this happens on our Rolands if twe don't have the edge of the media in the right spot.

Nishan

When u are preflighting, make sure when u select your printer, the right media width is selected as well. Onyx has the tendancy to auto adjust your image to the default page width. If the size u need is not available, u can add page sizes to your printer , in your "manage printers"option