Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Open Type Fonts

Discussion in 'Fonts and Typography' started by Mosh, Dec 27, 2012.

1. Mosh

Mosh Major Contributor

Oct 19, 2009
    Nerbaska
    I can not get my Open Type fonts I got form SignFonts to work in Corel or Signlab on my new computer. The font show up in the font browser, and I can use them in all other programs, just not Corel (x3) and SignLab (9).

All the other fonts work, just the open face ones are the problem. I love the fonts, and they worked great on my old computer.

Thanks in Advance - Chris

Tags:
  2. stoliker

stoliker Member

Aug 30, 2010
    Michigan
    There is a thread here about a windows update messing with fonts, I had to uninstall it and everything went back to normal.

3. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
  4. Davidford7

Davidford7 Member

Jun 11, 2012
    Fort Worth
    After you install them in Windows you need to install them into Signlab. I assume you have done that, right?

5. Mosh

Mosh Major Contributor

Oct 19, 2009
    Nerbaska
    I followed those threads and got rid of the update shown...still not working.

And yes I have tryed to unistall the fonts and reinstall. I also did try loading them into SignLab.

6. signage

signage Major Contributor

Oct 5, 2005
    Penn
    Try turning off any anti-virous programs you have running and see if that helps.

7. Cyw

Cyw Member

Apr 20, 2011
    As far as I know, there was a new update issued (with the same number!!!!!) to fix the problem.
    From all the chatter on numerous sites, it truly did seem to fix the issues.

This is the first I'm hearing that the update to the update failed.
    ......I'll keep my ears open for 'ya

8. Mosh

Mosh Major Contributor

Oct 19, 2009
    Nerbaska
    removed update kb2753842 and restarted., didn't work...anyone? Some of my favorite fonts...

9. Cyw

Cyw Member

Apr 20, 2011
    Which kb2753842???
    The most recent one is the fix for the previous one that caused all the issues.

I don't for the life of me understand why the number wasn't changed.
    I'm not in front of my computer now to note the dates involved with the duplicate files in question

10. Techman

Techman Major Contributor

Jun 24, 2003
    michigan
    there was two updates that had the problem,, gotta fix both of them