• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Opinions on a Vinyl Express LYNX S-60

stmpc

Hey all.... I wondered if anyone had any opinions on a LYNX S-60 plotter. Good or bad.... I have the opportunity to pick up a 2 year old one for $500......

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
~Sean

Last edited:

BadAss

I have 5 Lynx plotters that I have set up for painters at there shops over the past 6 years or so. And they all still are work horses. Pretty good being they are realitively inexpensive. Besides our Summas we also have a Lynx and a Panther (upgraded version of Lynx) Always seem to get the job done...M*

stmpc

I have 5 Lynx plotters that I have set up for painters at there shops over the past 6 years or so. And they all still are work horses. Pretty good being they are realitively inexpensive. Besides our Summas we also have a Lynx and a Panther (upgraded version of Lynx) Always seem to get the job done...M*

Thanks! $500 sound as good to you as it does to me?

stmpc

cat cutter? for professional usage? run away..
Cat cutter for a hobby? Making decals for your buddies? $500 is still to expensive.

Oh, read this one
http://www.signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=26943

Hey.... No good huh? I have a master plotter now.... you saying this is no better?

I guess that's what I'm looking for, the next step up...

I need more than casual cutting.... I'm looking to take the plunge... and need something reliable.... have you had a bad experience with these?

Thanks!
~S

511graphix

I would not buy a lynx. if you want to go with the GCC brand. buy a Panther III with ARMS. if your lucky you can pick a 40" one up on Ebay for around 1500......

stmpc

hmmmm... I've got 2 negatives... and one positive.... doesn't sound much better than my current plotter.... (master)... Thanks for the input!! I do appreciate it!
~S

zgraphics

That was my first plotter, I was very happy with it. I'm running vinyl express ultra pro plotter. The Lynx runs a little slow but does the job...congrats!

S

SignTech

We have used a Panther 30" professionally for years. It runs nearly every day, all day. Replaced 3 white blade strips and of course blades. Never an issue ...... it's a work horse.

We have cut everything from 2mil to 25mil material with a down force as high as 13 or more. We cut Stencil plastic material also. Tons of reflective ..... no issues.

Originally $3000.00 dollars ....... it has paid for itself 100x's over.

lol ....... guess we just got lucky with this CAT machine ...... ;)

Techman

Some people have good luck with them.. Too many have bad luck with them..

But if you ever get a top brand cutter you will suddenyl understand why so many wouldn't dream of having a lesser known brand. For example. Right now on another board there is someone looking for a drver.. They impossible to find..
Simple choice,, get cheap and hope for the best. Get good and never worry...

OldPaint

waste of money....for $500 you could find a great ROLAND, SUMA, GRAPTEC....but let the old adage hold true...a fool and his money are soon parted)))))))))))))))look here in 101 someone had a CX-24 ROLAND FOR SALE

Andreas

"a fool and his money are soon parted. I would pay someone a lot of money to explain that to me" - Homer Simpson

S

Sign-Man Signs

O.k. Now that all the bs is over, We have 4 LYNX X-60 cutters, they're not Master Cut POS. They are work horses. They will cut forever. They have the strongest drive motors on the market. Why SW stop making it I don't know other than the fact they won't die. I bought my first Lynx back about 5 years ago and still us it every day. Please if you don't buy it, PLEASE send me the contact so I can. $500.00 dollars is a steal. Oh, yea for speed we use Flexi Pro. We have to set it to slow just to keep the vinyl on the roll. It will cut as fast as you want it to. Call me if you need to. 352-528-6090. Frankly, I don't know why some members beat them up without using them. Yea I guess a BRAND name is the only way to go, NOT!

ruizautotint

Does anyone know where i can get my Lynx S-60 vinyl cutter fixed in San Antonio, Texas? My cutter went down and need to get it back up and running. Sign warehouse wants $150 for the original box to ship it in. Don't think that's fair, but maybe someone knows of someone in San Antonio.

joshGN

Does anyone know where i can get my Lynx S-60 vinyl cutter fixed in San Antonio, Texas? My cutter went down and need to get it back up and running. Sign warehouse wants $150 for the original box to ship it in. Don't think that's fair, but maybe someone knows of someone in San Antonio.

Screw Sign Warehouse. Call GCCWorld....and talk to there tech. They dont charge you and you can order parts from them that are returnable. They just helped me replace the mainboard on my Panther(Jaguar), very helpful.

http://www.gccworld.com/sup_contact.html