• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Opinions?

qmr55

Looking for opinions on this as I've been a little brain blocked trying to design it. The name of the company is "Missing Link Electronics" and they sell cutting edge electronics like unlocked phones and ipads and cameras and all that cool gadget stuff. The wanted the name to stand out but the "electronics" to be very subtle, but still be included in the logo. Colors were open and I decided that a blue and off black are sharp and trendy to get this company rolling. The main point was to stay away from the obvious cliche with the company name, a logo with a chain link or "missing link" in it. This is what I came up with, just looking for some opinions, what I should change, what you like/dislike about it. Any new ideas are welcome as well.

:thankyou:

Attachments

• Missing_Link2.jpg
    Missing_Link2.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 103
  • Missing_Link3.jpg
    Missing_Link3.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 102

genericname

make the dot in the link dark. oposite of the missing dots...

I think that would throw off the whole weight of the design.

Can't say "Electronics" passes the squint test. Either bolder type, or the full logotype's width, underneath maybe?

qmr55

I think that would throw off the whole weight of the design.

Can't say "Electronics" passes the squint test. Either bolder type, or the full logotype's width, underneath maybe?

Yeah dot in "link" stays blue.

As for electronics, that was kind of the point. I want it to be subtle. When you enlarge the logo can you read it properly?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
The 'g' looks very awkward. The way the letters connect is also odd in itself. Mostly non-script lettering with connectors....... just loses something.

genericname

Yeah dot in "link" stays blue.

As for electronics, that was kind of the point. I want it to be subtle. When you enlarge the logo can you read it properly?

I get subtlety as a goal, but that's nearly invisible, and it'll never read on a business card. Sure, you can read it when it's enlarged, but the basic rules of responsible design dictate that it should read the same at any size that it will be officially reproduced.

I dig the colour scheme, and the fact that you avoided the obvious "Look! It's a chain! Hur-dur!" garbage, instead opting to go for more subtle ties in the theme (if I'm reading it right). "Electronics" should definitely be more pronounced though. Doesn't have to scream, but it should definitely be visible at a smaller scale.

qmr55

I get subtlety as a goal, but that's nearly invisible, and it'll never read on a business card. Sure, you can read it when it's enlarged, but the basic rules of responsible design dictate that it should read the same at any size that it will be officially reproduced.

I dig the colour scheme, and the fact that you avoided the obvious "Look! It's a chain! Hur-dur!" garbage, instead opting to go for more subtle ties in the theme (if I'm reading it right). "Electronics" should definitely be more pronounced though. Doesn't have to scream, but it should definitely be visible at a smaller scale.

You make some great points and I agree. Going to go back at it and try putting electronics underneath the logo and make it more visible/easier read. Thank you!

Marlene

there are some strange looking shapes going on with the font (see areas marked in red) the flow from the "g" to the link is really odd looking. it might work if it was all upper case letters but because you are welding a rounded letter to a flat sided letter, it would hard to make look correct.

Attachments

• Missing_Link3.jpg
    Missing_Link3.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 91

rjpjr

guess I'll pile on... but with a slightly different take

Not digging the "Electronics" in the descender of the G.
IMHO It links the Electronics to "Missing" instead of Missing Link especially since Missing and Link are two different colors (I like the colors). I like the Type Face used as well.

The main point was to stay away from the obvious cliche with the company name, a logo with a chain link or "missing link" in it.
How about a design with an evolutionary Missing Link character reading an Ipad! :Big Laugh Sounds like a job for John Deaton.:smile:

...Going to go back at it and try putting electronics underneath the logo and make it more visible/easier read.
Can't wait to see the adjustments.

qmr55

Well it appears we are actually on to something completely different. Client stopped in this afternoon and decided he didn't like the look where we were heading and wanted something with a chain instead but also, very subtle. Removed the word "electronics" from the logo all together because they will be promoting other things than just electronics from what he said today.

Gotta love when they change their mind...........

This is what I have come up with so far, whatya think?

Attachments

• Missing_Link_New2.jpg
    Missing_Link_New2.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 99
  • Missing_Link3.jpg
    Missing_Link3.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 98