• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Opinions?

qmr55

I dont like the subtle shadow/color change/whatever - it just looks like the output got miffed.

The shadow below the logo? That what you're talking about?

This better?

Attachments

• Missing_Link_color.jpg
    Missing_Link_color.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 85
  • Missing_Link_color2.jpg
    Missing_Link_color2.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 100
  • Missing_Link_color3.jpg
    Missing_Link_color3.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 107

qmr55

No I'm talking about the subtle 'web 2.0' color shift

Contemplating removing it. So far the client loves it, but they want to add a little more to it. Thinking maybe an illustration in front of the words but stumbling a little. Anyone have any ideas?

toucan_graphics

the idea that presented itself in my brain is to have the chain links NOT connected with a broken link in front of the letters. It is not a literal interpretation of missing link, but from the way you describe the business I think it might work. (Jail-breaking/unlocking cell phones, breaking free from the conventional etc)

Obviously not exactly like this but kinda shows what I'm trying to say.

missing link.jpg

Jillbeans

I don't like the font choices for either, to be honest.
I think the latest font is far too casual
(the customer probably likes Comic Sans)
Maybe something like Nick's Casual by Bob Parsons?
Or panel jam?
I also don't like the orange with the blue. I know that on the color wheel they are complimentary but to me they have the same color value therefore no contrast. I like it with the white and the blue.
I am also tired of the over-used (I call it Verizon Fios) effect that jhill mentions.
Your chain thing is OK tho.
Love....Jill

Marlene

they sell cutting edge electronics

I am just not seeing anything so far that looks like what they do. seems like a simple, understated look says high tech more than cartoon fonts and graphics. the colors are too bright. shades of gray (no, not the book type shades of gray), blue isn't bad in two shades. I'd go with no graphic at all. I know you said they wanted to downplay the word electronics but I think it can support the name better than chain links.

Jillbeans

I agree with Marlene, nothing about anything you did says cutting edge electronics to me.
The first one looked kinda resort-ish the second looks daycare-ish.

SignManiac

Little more corporate, high tech feel. Only five minutes but with some work effort and maybe different fonts?

Attachments

• MISSING.jpg
    MISSING.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 89

Marlene

this is really a quick thrown together idea using a simple font and simple graphics

Attachments

• MISSING.jpg
    MISSING.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 94

SignManiac

That's a very cool direction John... I like the DNA tie in but I'm sure that would go over most homo sapiens heads, well with the exception of Francis Crick!