• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Oracal 751 Over Rivits

Mosh

751 and AR are two different animals. We letter trailers with ribs and rivets with 751 (cut letters) You have to go over the rivets at a shallow anlge with er squeegie and the go back and cut the in with the squeegie (we punch holes arouns each rivet) then work them in. The Ar just work in down but not hard to start and then go back and oworjkthe air out. that is right. vwhat you think ur better that me squeegie?

mudmedia

Well the 751 gave me no problems over rivets but I should have asked a more reasonable question and that is what is the best way to close off rivets with app tape?

I am using R series conform app tape and I am sure it is in my technique because sometimes I get a small wrinkle that works its way all the way down and eventually into the vinyl as it bunches up.

It is not consistent which gives me the hint it is in my technique of trying to close them off.

ucmj22

And Hydrogen without Oxygen is just Hydrogen and I wouldn't go using that to put out a fire.

Besides the air release, Cast & Wrap have a completely different adhesive tack.

I think he was making the clarification that wrap material is cast. Therefor if you wouldn't use cast material for a wrap, then that would eliminate wrap material as an option. all vinyl that we use, whether it is wrap or computer cuttable, is either cast or calendared. eliminating cast from wrapping would leave only calendared.

Edit:
looks like I came late to this conversation...