• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Oracal fans: help me convert

Desert_Signs

Not to be captain obvious but just using un-printed white 3M180Cv3 with lam is the best way to find out that it's DEFINITELY the adhesive and not an out-gassing issue.

Oh yeah, I've tested that too. Here's the deal with that. Material that hasn't even been run through the printer, and not laminated- plenty of slideability and repositionable. Material not printed, not run through printer, and laminated. Pretty tacky. Material that has been run through printer but is 'white space' and laminated. Very tacky.

I think it has something to do with the laminator 'activating' the adhesive, and the heat from running it through the printer makes it even worse.

Bizzarth

You should consider trying the Arlon DPF6000XRP and 3220 laminate. This wrap material prints great and seems to install as well as 3M and Oracal. Works great on solvent, eco-solvent and latex printers. You'd be shocked at the price savings in using this material as well.

Desert_Signs

You should consider trying the Arlon DPF6000XRP and 3220 laminate. This wrap material prints great and seems to install as well as 3M and Oracal. Works great on solvent, eco-solvent and latex printers. You'd be shocked at the price savings in using this material as well.

Yeah, I don't use Arlon. Seen this too many times to trust it. All within a year. In 2011, Arlon replaced 4 rolls of material for me. Didn't replace my labor though...

Attachments

• 2011-08-20 18.26.30.jpg
    2011-08-20 18.26.30.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 174
  • 2011-08-20 18.26.39.jpg
    2011-08-20 18.26.39.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 139

reQ

I am not high volume shop for wraps, going through only 1 bundle/month. Yes, 180cv3 is more aggressive, but until you squeegee it, it can be moved/repositioned as much as you want. Oracal in my experience is even more aggressive. Not using avery for one big reason... and most people know why lol

Bizzarth

Yeah, I don't use Arlon. Seen this too many times to trust it. All within a year. In 2011, Arlon replaced 4 rolls of material for me. Didn't replace my labor though...

Wow, interesting pictures to say the least. I can appreciate your hesitancy in using their products. However they have been aquired from FlexCon since then and share some of their standards. Arlon has a top management team and seems to be a classy organization. Might be worthwhile to take a look at using again. Every vinyl manufacturer has bad rolls from time to time.