• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Oracal210 and window pirf

SlightlyChilled

Ok I need to do window pirf on 2 side windows on a car that need to move.Can I use 210 they don't need to be clear just protected. I was hoping they would not curl.

Bigdawg

Just Me
Ok I need to do window pirf on 2 side windows on a car that need to move.Can I use 210 they don't need to be clear just protected. I was hoping they would not curl.

Real iffy... how long do you want the graphics to stay down? Window perf has no longevity any way so if this is a temp job you might be okay...

SlightlyChilled

One year. I just do not know how the 210 would be with perf. I know clearfocus is good with not curling. I have it on my car but with optical lam. I guess I could edge seal it.

LarryB

210 will make it too cloudy and you will have shrinking issues. We use a cast 3M 8518 gloss overlaminate for our window perf. Never had any complaints.

Malkin

210 will make it too cloudy and you will have shrinking issues. We use a cast 3M 8518 gloss overlaminate for our window perf. Never had any complaints.

:thumb:
same here.

If you don't have an optically clear lam, then you are better off with none at all.
Or you could just use plain vinyl since you won't be able to see through it with 210 anyway :wink:

SlightlyChilled

They were going on the side rear windows being able to see out 100% was never a real concern just was not cool with blocking them with full vinly. It was more about just keeping them on with the windows going up and down. Didn't know about the shrinkage. thanks for the info there on and all is ok in the world..

edgette

Oracal has a cast optically clear. I've used that for the perf installs I have done and haven't had a problem yet.

petepaz

i have used the 210 lam with window perf and both times it curled on the edges a month after install. i won't ever do it again

Patentagosse

290F is the optically clear one in fact. I also use the 297F which is same quality but thicker so it tends to leave less squeegee marks...

Patentagosse

3M's 8518 and Oracal's 290F are probably very similar and the good thing with these lams is you don't have to stock a roll for printed wrap film and another one for your window perf. 'cause they cover both perfectly.

SIGNTIME

My sister owns a pizza shop and had perf put on her back window in 2005 and it is still on her back window and the vinyl looks good just the ink is faded but I would say the fading wasn't noticeable up to a year or two ago... it doesn't appear to be laminated and I have no clue as to what type of ink was used.

So will the perf last as long as the ink or does the vinyl itself limit its longevity?