• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Orajet 3268 wall wrap

signgal01

Hi,

I am doing a wall wrap and ordered in Orajet 3268 and did some test prints and can't keep it to stay on the wall at my shop (just small texture). Does anyone have experience with this material and any tricks. I'm doing a 10' x 5' wall and am afraid it is going to fall off after installation.

Vicki

strypguy

I've done alot of reading on this subject and am seeing people having problems with nearly all brands of wall vinyl. I think it has alot to do with the kind of paint on the wall. There are so many different paints out there.
I have a big project myself and I'm going to test 3268 as well as 3621 oracal. I've used the 3621 as temporary signage on walls in a local hospital and it has never come off. It's the cheapest but might be the right material for the job. They will all be contour cut decals and not a mural or anything like that.

Maybe try some heat after install. This is new for me too.

I've done searches and read so much I'm confused so I'm going to try some on my own. The oracal is not that expensive and if I decide not to use it I'll do test prints on it or cheap temporary signs.

John

dortonracing

i've look and see what im using materal wise but i have done alot of different jobs, and some have been perfect and some have not. I think it depends on the wall smoothness, any texture has had problems and smooth walls have been perfect for me. I've done script words and big pictures just comes down to the wall.

thewvsignguy

The Oracal 3268 is crap and will not stay stuck to any wall surface. We use the Avery MPI 2601 or 2611, it prints great and will stick to the wall!

MontereySigns

Oracal 3268 is great- for shipping labels. Seriously, it is too thick for even the slightest texture. The walls needs to be perfectly smooth for it to work. The same is true for Oracal 3621.

I have not tried the Avery product yet but I have had good things about it. We won't use the Arlon DPF 8000 since the super strong adhesive will probably pull all the paper off the sheetrock ($$$ repair) when removed.

We like PhotoTex for interior wall murals. It costs a little more but you don't have to laminate it, it sticks reliably, and looks great.

-Bud

signgal01

Thanks for the information, I have a smooth wall and am going to attempt the Oracal 3268, and if it doesn't work I may have to try a different film. My main concern is removability in 6 months to a year. I use 3M IJ180c for just about everything but was afraid the adhesive would be too strong... I don't want this job to turn into fixing the paint on the wall.

BALLPARK

I have heard great things about the PhotoTex and recently stopped by a sign shop out of state. It was a Sign-A-Rama and they had their wall wrapped using PhotoTex. They said it is a great product and they had no install issues. It looked great on their wall and it had a slight texture to it.

I have a roll on order for some testing... I will post the results later on how it did on a few different type of walls.

strypguy

So for the Avery 2611 do you need to leave an outline or can you cut to the edge of your print?

John

thewvsignguy

I've done a full bleed out to the edges and it works OK. Most of the time I only let the prints sit a hour or so then they need to be cut. That could be a reason for some of the edges not sticking completely. 99% of the stuff we send out has at least a 1/16" cut line from the printed area. If the print is a little larger then I'll but a thicker outline around the image just to make sure there are no problems. I'll post pics tomorrow, but the Avery 2611 is priced better then the photo-tex or other films I have seen and used.

strypguy

I'm using the 2611 for my project. I have the 3268 as well and did some testing on the walls in my home. It is sticking really well to the wall in my home office, which is fairly smooth with light texture. It's been on there since last night. However, on my office door that is also painted white, it fell off in a matter of three hours. I really feel the texture and especially the type of paint is to blame for the failures with these wall vinyls. I'll try the 2611 on my door and see what happens.

John

Last edited:

4R Graphics

We used Oracal 3628 and only had problems one time and it was a medium texture wall with flat paint. It worked great on medium texture walls with semi gloss paint. I have a graphic at my house that is roughlly 20" by 30" stuck to a semi gloss wall that has standard paint roller texture and it has been there for a year with no problems.

strypguy

I put some 2611 on the door and wall last night and it's still sticking to both. The oracal 3268 fell off the door within 3 hours and is still sticking on my wall.

John

petepaz

Oracal 3268 is great- for shipping labels. Seriously, it is too thick for even the slightest texture. The walls needs to be perfectly smooth for it to work. The same is true for Oracal 3621.

I have not tried the Avery product yet but I have had good things about it. We won't use the Arlon DPF 8000 since the super strong adhesive will probably pull all the paper off the sheetrock ($$$ repair) when removed.

We like PhotoTex for interior wall murals. It costs a little more but you don't have to laminate it, it sticks reliably, and looks great.

-Bud

yeah what he said..haha
we use the 3268 for flat walls, or desk/counter top graphics with no problems. i don't believe it is made for textured walls and i have a customer now who requested this product and i gave him a sample (sticking to peg board for a display) and now says that it is comming off

thewvsignguy

The only thing it stuck really well to is glass. We tried it on several office walls and even at the house and it ended up on the floor in a matter or 12 hours. Even our Pioneer Supp rep said it does not work and does not recommend it to any of his customers.

strypguy

I needed something I could laminate so I went with the avery 2611.
I've printed about 25-30 ft and everything is looking good. The print quality is very nice and it is sticking to every wall I applied it to.
I thought about the phototex but didn't want to spray lam over 125 ft of this stuff.
Avery seems to have alot more bite then the oracal I tried. Looks like it's cheapo decals for my left over roll of oracal 3268.

John

thewvsignguy

If you find a good use for the 3268 let me know. We have just about a new roll sitting in a corner and have no idea on what to do with it....

Hi,

I am doing a wall wrap and ordered in Orajet 3268 and did some test prints and can't keep it to stay on the wall at my shop (just small texture). Does anyone have experience with this material and any tricks. I'm doing a 10' x 5' wall and am afraid it is going to fall off after installation.

Vicki
I found a video on youtube from geekwraps showing wall wraps with a new tool they have. It looks interesting, they don't say what vinyl they're using.

Jim Doggett

Hi,

Vicki

Recently painted wall, it sounds like. Latex outgasses and defeats the adhesive, for about 6 months to a year.

More here: http://www.signwarehouse.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-8.html

thewvsignguy

Hey Jim, our office walls have been painted for years. Different colors in different locations, flat and semi-gloss finish we have not had any luck with the 3268. We switched to the Avery 2611, a much better product in my mind for removable wall graphics.