• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Orange printed as Red on corriboard. Anyone know why and can it be salvaged?

EmpressOfIcecream

Is this a local shop or an online? Did you ask them yet? It's definately red and not orange. We'd never send that out... Not many people have proofs though. They have 100 files to rip... They print it and send it out. Red oranges and Grey's are the hardest colors to hit... There's a few oranges my machine will print as a blood orange that looks nothing like what I'm trying to print. I usually fix it by adding the correct colors to the rip. But no matter how profiled your Machine is.... Some Colors just come out wrong.

Honesty.... This will likely all be solved by emailing or calling the company that printed these for you. They'll likely print you brand new ones.

Local shop. Very well known, in the print business for decades.
I saw the placards in person today.
Looks to me like they printed darker than intended. I can definitely see why people were telling her it looks red.
It's like the exact middle-ground between red and orange.
I told them to email the printers with the pics, tell them their problem and see if they'll reprint them
If not we'll try the vinyl suggestion or it could actually be cheaper to get them printed again from a big online place in the UK and shipped over (no joke).

EmpressOfIcecream

Why don't people contact the purchaser before going online and raising a ruckus? A simple phone call with photos may produce the result you're looking for.

Complain about the banding... that's just as bad as the missed color. If they won't fix it, file a charge-back on your credit card and go to another company. These answers are simple.

Wasn't sure if it was my fault or theirs.
The printers will be contacted tomorrow.
Thanks for all the help here.

EmpressOfIcecream

Surely nobody would send that job out. Even if the colours are off the banding is crazy. What does the print PDF look like?

How much exactly did she pay? Honestly you shouldn’t be paying any more than about £15 an A1 for 4. And that’s still pretty steep.
found out today.
€40 ($44) each.
could be because it was a last minute rush job.
she said she found an online UK print shop that will do them for something like ~€15 each. We'll see. Might be an option.
When you guys talk about the banding, is that like the sort of straight white lines you can see on the black o and n?

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
found out today.
€40 ($44) each.
could be because it was a last minute rush job.
she said she found an online UK print shop that will do them for something like ~€15 each. We'll see. Might be an option.
When you guys talk about the banding, is that like the sort of straight white lines you can see on the black o and n?
Yes

shoresigns

I would probably ask for reprint due to both the wrong colour and the banding, and send them a new file with the correct colour codes.

However the wrong colour doesn't look like the printer's fault at all. The RGB code in the file she sent the printer is [HASHTAG]#f25924[/HASHTAG], which has a Hue of 14°. Pure red is 0° and pure yellow is 60°, so pure orange is 30°. At best, the colour is a very reddish orange, but it's closer to pure red than it is to pure orange. On top of that, most print shops won't do a perfect conversion from RGB even if the colour is in the printer's gamut, so I would expect the output colour to shift either way, so it definitely could become even more red on the print.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
...The orange I used was [HASHTAG]#F15B26[/HASHTAG]...!
Could be the way their software interpreted the color. As seen here when I use your pdf. Also I hate when I see these color formulas ([HASHTAG]#F15B26[/HASHTAG]). I've always assumed these are more "web safe" formulas as opposed to print formulas. I know my color palette is not set up in this manner. It's imperative to use Pantone colors for print. Most print shops have a Pantone color swatch book to verify by. If we had printed it and the colors were off by the Pantone swatch we'd reprint without the customer even knowing it. I'd probably look up the official Pantone colors on the web then reprint using those.
upload_2020-4-21_9-36-10.png