• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Osama Bin Lauden

Johnny Best

pistol2.jpg
I would not do it for the guy or girl.

Last edited:

zspace

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm still conflicted, but leaning towards printing the decals and moving on. If he puts them on his gun or his toilet is his decision.

C

ColoPrinthead

Have you seen the actual picture? Is it OBL's dead body?

MikePro

why decals anyways? seems silly.
whatever the content, i don't really care. everyone has their own "thing", but laser-engraving or direct-UVprint would be the way to go.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Okay then 'Certificate'
From Wikipedia:
'To purchase a handgun, a buyer must have a Handgun Safety Certificate.[43] This is obtained by passing a written test, given by a Department of Justice certified instructor, on the safe and legal use of handguns. The certificate is valid for five years. A buyer must also perform a Safe Handling Demonstration when taking possession of a handgun. Some individuals are exempt from the Safety Certificate and Handling Demonstration requirements, including active and retired military and law enforcement personnel, hunter safety certificate holders, and concealed carry license holders'

Also: 'The buyer of a firearm must fill out an application to purchase a particular gun. The firearms dealer electronically submits the application to the California Department of Justice (DOJ), which performs a background check on the buyer.'

It says you have to have this to purchase a handgun, it does not say you have to have one to posses a handgun.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Okay, I'm gonna ask what everyone else is afraid to ask............. Does he look like a terrorist or what one would consider a terrorist ??

It might not be PC to ask this, but it is in your best interest with something of this nature to be on the safe side, then to have this guy come back p!ssed off at you. It's always a smart thing to be aware of your surroundings, then to worry about treading on someone's feelings after it's too late.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Okay, I'm gonna ask what everyone else is afraid to ask............. Does he look like a terrorist or what one would consider a terrorist ??

It might not be PC to ask this, but it is in your best interest with something of this nature to be on the safe side, then to have this guy come back p!ssed off at you. It's always a smart thing to be aware of your surroundings, then to worry about treading on someone's feelings after it's too late.

Doesn't matter anymore... I bet 20-something white guys are more likely to go off the rails then middle-easterners.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
This is very true, but if a white guy came in asking for a picture of the grand wizard of the kkk on his handgun, wouldn't that throw some red flags?

Yea, but doesn't matter the dudes race... ANYONE putting those images on a gun would raise a red flag...

Johnny Best

This is very true, but if a white guy came in asking for a picture of the grand wizard of the kkk on his handgun, wouldn't that throw some red flags?[/QUOTE

Now if a black guy came in and wanted the grand wizard on his handgun that would draw a red flag!

Reveal1

It says you have to have this to purchase a handgun, it does not say you have to have one to posses a handgun.
I stand corrected, so maybe let law enforcement do their job as others have suggested. CA requires all handguns to be registered.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Reveal......... have you ever confronted a person who is holding a gun and has such a silly request ?? If you're not faster on the draw, you could quite easily p!ss the living sh!t outta this guy and he might make you a notch on his grip. You don't do that sorta thing in the real world. It only works when everyone is law abiding and interested in the truth. Evidently, this guy is not all there.

The easy thing is to say, yeah, I can do that. It'll cost ya $90. and ya hafta pay cash buddy, as this is illegal, so I don't wanna get caught. If he's an agent of some sorts, then ya just tell him, yeah, I knew that, I was just playing along with your stupid little game..... and act perturbed. Then, shoosh him outta your store.

Reveal1

Reveal......... have you ever confronted a person who is holding a gun and has such a silly request ?? If you're not faster on the draw, you could quite easily p!ss the living sh!t outta this guy and he might make you a notch on his grip. You don't do that sorta thing in the real world. It only works when everyone is law abiding and interested in the truth. Evidently, this guy is not all there.

The easy thing is to say, yeah, I can do that. It'll cost ya $90. and ya hafta pay cash buddy, as this is illegal, so I don't wanna get caught. If he's an agent of some sorts, then ya just tell him, yeah, I knew that, I was just playing along with your stupid little game..... and act perturbed. Then, shoosh him outta your store.

Clearly, I had too much time on my hands yesterday to mull all the possibilities, gun laws, legal implications etc. 1st week all year I've even had time to indulge in all of that. In all honesty, I probably would have told him the same thing I pleasantly tell the car guys wanting to wrap their rusty Hyundai; some variation of 'Sorry, I'm not equipped/don't have time/too backlogged etc. to do that work .' Works every time.