• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Our first full wrap.

Bly

I was under no illusions about making any money on this job, luckily.
Took about twice as long as we figured and used twice as much vinyl but what the hell. You gotta start somewhere so why not with something hideously difficult.
My offsider Nick did the install so all kudos to him.
We used that Avery EZRS film.

Attachments

• P1030705.jpg
    P1030705.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 112
  • P1030729.jpg
    P1030729.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 102
  • P1030725.jpg
    P1030725.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 102
  • P1030726.jpg
    P1030726.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 86

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Looks very good, can't tell it is a first try.
Who makes that truck, Toyota?
The curvy part on the rear door and bed must have been fun to deal with.
Now you need to go find some easy box trucks to wrap to make good money on.

wayne k
guam us

SuncitySigns

Mitsubishi Triton 4X4 pretty popular down under here.... Available in quite a few configuration's.

Couldn't have picked a harder ute to wrap first up I reckon mate but bloody nice effort none the less!!

Haakon

That looks good, especially for a first try! Those cars are not easy to work with, we have them over here also, where they are simply called L200.

That top on the truck bed looks way better than the hideous boxes the Mitsubishi distributor offers over here, take a look at this "beauty".. The "growth" on the front is apparently put there so you can put a stepladder etc inside. Looks awful.

Attachments

• 20120915_131217.jpg
    20120915_131217.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 97

Typestries

You have crime in NSW? I thought it was all beaches and lifeguarding lol.

Seriously, nice job for your first one!

Bly

Thanks everyone.
As I said my guy Nick is the one who weaved his magic on it.
Oh yes we have crime...
I wish they'd leave it parked in our back lane.
We just got robbed the other week.
Stupid junkies.

VerseOne79

Absolute PITA to wrap in any reasonable amount of time! Around the rear doors and that curved part on the front of the bed had to be done in patches so everything lined up right due to the amount of stretch going on in those area's. The bed window recesses were real deep too, i'm hoping they hold up in time.
Good thing is i did learn a fair bit about the characteristics of the vinyl on this one.

Wiggum PI

Yeah, thats what I was thinking, but it was only just released last month. Haven't used the 1460 yet, but they are warranting deep recess work with that lam.

VerseOne79

Yeah, thats what I was thinking, but it was only just released last month. Haven't used the 1460 yet, but they are warranting deep recess work with that lam.
I found the colour started to break apart anyway at that point of stretch so im not sure if you'd need the 1460 if the ink can't handle that deep a recess? On their solid colour supercast it would be alright i guess.

Dan Antonelli

I get hives just thinking about what must have gone into the install. I don't know how you guys do it. Nice clean job.

Hope you've been well buddy.