• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Our First Wrap - partial on an HHR

Marlene

looks pretty good. the few little things have been pointed out and will help you with your next design.

photos never look as good as the real thing so I would bet the colors look great in person. I like the leaves in the green stripe. it's interesting but not over done. the yellow letters would look much better with a font that wasn't so industrial looking. blocky fonts are ok for some stuff, but when you get the chance to do a design for a business like this, it's time to pull out the nice fonts.

Visual.Elements

Excellent job for your 1st wrap. It looks great. Yeah, there are tricks to make the text pop, etc... but for your 1st wrap job, That's awesome. Keep up the good work

ddubia

Sorry I've been so long getting back here.

Thanks all for the comments and critiques both good and bad.

FatBoy: To be honest, the bad ones is what I'm looking for most of all. lol I love positive feedback as it encourages me. But the critical ones are the ones that make me think and learn. Hopefully, on a future job, it will be the critical ones that will pop into my mind helping me solve a design problem or not repeat mistakes. I'd rather walk away form a critique with a black eye then a trophy. lol

ProWraps, what is this ghosting you mention? I'm assuming, by your explanation, that the colors fade when stretched tight, but I'm not sure.

This job sold us another one to the same company. It's not really a wrap, just the green stripe stuff and the logo on the sides excluding the doors.

Marlene: I love the "industrial" comment regarding the fonts of the logo. lol I felt the same but didn't have such a descriptive word for it. They've had that logo for many years and are very well known in our area so they prefer to not change it now.

SignMan: A torch scares the bejeezus out of me. I see myself burning a hole or melting the material. lol I'll think that one over for the next one as handling the heat gun and it's on/off switch was a real drag.

PremierWraps: You didn't hi-jack the thread at all in my opinion. Hopefully your post will cause others to check that link out. Good stuff there.