• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Our New Sign Proposal

Shovelhead

Yea, I agree with what Gino said.

IF you decide that you are going to use that background, I would definitely darken the red behind the "Rising". Since "Rising" is thin stroked it is already a little difficult to see standing next to the bolder "Signs". Therefore the brighter red behind "Rising" hurts its legibility since there is not as much contrast.

IMHO, I would tone down the background a bit...
and I might even lose some of the text...

Bring the brown line that separates the two colors and you have a winner there. What is "Liveries"? Sound like a place where Gino would drop his liver off for a few hours to be regenerated.

:bushmill:

astro8

My two cents... I like the use of the "graphic" by astro and concur with k.a.s. about rjp's second design. The burnt orange background is up to date and "sunrise" feeling (where Jill was going; I always love her opinions)

Yeah...i like the sunrise idea also...couldn't resist a sunburst.

Attachments

• rising2.jpg
    rising2.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 86

Rising

Guys

I really like all of your feedback, its great to get fresh eyes and opinions on this. I have always found it hard to design stuff for ourselves. Most of our work, (like 70%-80%) is corporate where we don't need to design at all, maybe we are getting rusty.

I do like RJpjr 1st design, the background works and the name jumps out.

Astro. Nice layout too. I did smile when I saw it as when I came up with the name back in 1996 (when I was watching the sun come up over mt Everest, great name eh!) and used such a sun burst. Not sure if I still have it on file anywhere, will post up if I find it.

Shovelhead: Liveries = vehicle graphics. To be honest we have never used that term before on any advertising, although it is fairly well known in the UK to what it means.

Keep the opinions coming........

Steve

Last edited:

Marlene

Liveries + vehicle graphics. To be honest we have never used that term before on any advertising, although it is fairly well known in the UK to what it means.

I'm a big "Coronation Street" fan so I got it right off

lets see some of your re-draws as it looks like this is really coming together

chatterbox

Sign Design

Your company name RISING should be bolder. It is the MOST important part of it. Your logo, which is a branding element, SHOULD be bigger and bolder.

Your a sign company, signage is BOLD. Period.

Mike B.
Chatterbox Designs & Publishing
Los Angeles, CA

Last edited by a moderator: