• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Our Van Design

Rising

Our own van layout, opinions and critique welcome? Something of a bug bear when doing our own stuff, but need to get it done. Looking forward to hearing your feedback.

Steve

Attachments

• RisingSignsVan Aug 2011.pdf
    93.6 KB · Views: 74

SignManiac

I don't care for the top version. It looks like a bunch of text stuck everywhere. The second version has potential but could use some tweaking. What does the passenger side of your bottom version look like since you can't mirror the driver side exactly?

The bottom layout looks flat. If you're wrapping it, try and give it more depth and dimension somehow.

Rising

Thanks guys, yeah the top one I didnt like either, one of my chaps did it. The original idea from the top one was to have just one "Need......" then change it every month or so.

Steve

HulkSmash

I do like the bottom one, it's kinda simple and easy to read. You could add more to it, or make it stand out a bit more... Also im not so sure you need an established date, unless its like back before the 70's.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Bottom one if it's only between those two, but make your strokes thicker. Your name is the weakest element on there.

GRAFIKWORX

I really dont like what you Have at all . to me it looks like not much thought went into the design, Just stick words and letters everywhere or at a slant.

If it was my Van! I would do something like this! I dont know what the meaning of your Sun thingy with the eclipse inside it represents, but I tried working it into the layout..

Attachments

• Rising-Signs-Van.jpg
    Rising-Signs-Van.jpg
    250 KB · Views: 69

Mason

I really dont like what you Have at all . to me it looks like not much thought went into the design, Just stick words and letters everywhere or at a slant.

If it was my Van! I would do something like this! I dont know what the meaning of your Sun thingy with the eclipse inside it represents, but I tried working it into the layout..

These!

qmr55

Nice :thumb:

Rising

Thanks for the feedback.

I like what you have done, its great to get an outside perspective and you have pushed the boat out and done a design too, thanks a lot. :wink:

Whilst your designs are good, I would not defer away from our current logo to the one you have done, the word "signs" is the same font as one of the franchise chains too.

The elipses we have are a take on the sun rising hence, lighter to darker orange.

If you dont mind we may tweak what you gave come up with and repost for more critique.

Thanks again
Steve

sar bossier

:rock-n-roll:NICE! Like the red design better, at the bottom.

bernie

I didn't like either of your designs ......... BUT, I like both of Graphikworx's designs. Easy on the eyes.

Amazes me how we can spend a lot of time on something and then someone
else nails it in a few minutes (well, it probably took longer than that but - he
did a nice layout)

Bernie