• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Our worst competetor...

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Silly....... he put this balloon out.........
red birdballoon .jpg

Z SIGNS

bird b gone spikes mounted to your mirrors or one of them fake rotating owls mounted to the roof of the truck

redbarn

“Contrary to the myths with which we have been raised, Kohn shows that competition is not an inevitable part of ´human nature.´ It does not motivate us to do our best (in fact, the reason our workplaces and schools are in trouble is that they value competitiveness instead of excellence.) Rather than building character, competition sabotages self-esteem and ruins relationships. It even warps recreation by turning the playing field into a battlefield.

http://www.disinfo.com/2013/03/the-case-against-competition/

I just read this yesterday.

Flame

“Contrary to the myths with which we have been raised, Kohn shows that competition is not an inevitable part of ´human nature.´ It does not motivate us to do our best (in fact, the reason our workplaces and schools are in trouble is that they value competitiveness instead of excellence.) Rather than building character, competition sabotages self-esteem and ruins relationships. It even warps recreation by turning the playing field into a battlefield.

http://www.disinfo.com/2013/03/the-case-against-competition/

I just read this yesterday.

I am soooo lost on how this fiction applies to the topic at hand. haha.

Dude try the balloon trick. I've actually heard that one too, must freak them out seeing a blob floating around?

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I can empathize with the birds.
Whenever I get a good look in a mirror I feel like taking a dump too.

wayne k
guam usa

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
I feel your pain.

I have a demented Robin that sits in a bush outside my dining room window and believes his reflection is his enemy trying to mate w/ his *****. It attacks and scratches his reflection daily in the Spring and is relentless for a couple months.

He starts at the first hint of any sun light and continues all frik'in day.

This Spring will be year three if he returns. I've been trying to kill him for two...

I could off him w/ my shotgun but that won't go over well in a residential neighborhood, not to mention a local detective is a neighbor...

SignosaurusRex

Leave him alone, let him do his 'Thang' and he will be gone shortly. If that wont work for you then you can always build him a decoy perch. Nice shiny red door (facsimile) made of Alupanel with a big shiny chrome mirror attached as well as a section of chrome Mylar to replicate a nice mirrored glass window all mounted on a hand truck. That ought to really screw with his mind ....and hopefully keep him off your truck.

CP Signs

Same problem in summer. Not cardinal but any birds. Banner tape worked great. They don't like the stickiness.

MikeD

There has been a male Cardinal fighting with his own reflection in my office window for several years- banging his beak into my window over and over and over...

bernie

Guess I should be glad the woodpecker hasn't discovered my truck mirrors ... yet. He has moved from the gutter/downspout where he had come back to a few years in a row to the shop, which is a deep red and 'wood'. I prefer he go back to the downspout as he can't make holes in that. Silly boy.

Bernie