• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Outgassing consequence myth??? or true???

bendeane

I heard it from a printer tech that if a print is not allowed to outgas a full 24 hours before lam and install onto the vehicle, that it can outgas out the back of the print and leave the image on the vehicle when removed. Is this true? Anybody had such a thing happen? I ruined a print and I'm under the gun and have to print now (5 p.m. CST) and lam first thing in the morning to install for the customer. Is this doable? Or will I ruin his paint job if I do this?

Thanks,
Ben

bigprinter

I take it that it's a white vehicle? :)

I think you will be fine, we usually allow 12-24 hours for gassing. But hey, you are on a rush, what are you gonna do you know!

Pat Whatley

I sub my printing out to a company that prints, laminates, and ships my stuff the same day. I've never had a problem with lamination failing, with images ghosting onto the paint, or outgassing bubbles.

I've done several thousand square feet with no issues....maybe I'm just lucky.

Techman

I've done several thousand square feet with no issues....maybe I'm just lucky

not lucky.. Just plain good work.

I think outgassing is a myth that is used as a scapegoat in about 98% of the problems..

I am sure there is a case or two where some planet aligned with the solar maximus and caused some blisters.

I have printed and lamed items immediately many many times and never ever once saw a problem. I know and observed people here that use solvent printers and lam right away and do not have a single problem.

I'm just sayin'