• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Outsourcing?

laserman70

Ok, we have a place that wants us to do some printed and cut graphics 720-1000 sq. feet a month. Not wrap material, and must be laminated.
We need to find a good source, that is east coast, for shipping purposes and is very dependable. Our printer will be clogged all the time if we do it in house.
Does anyone have any suggestions?

stickermonkey

Sounds like an opportunity to buy or lease another printer to me. Outsourcing is OK...but usually ends up being a frustrating or unreliable adventure. :) More output is a good thing. Especially if your current equipment is busy enough already. I'd take the opportunity to get something else in the shop that can handle your everyday workflow and some new ones. That's just me :) But then again....if it were up to me and my finances...I'd have my shop full of toys to play with!! ;)

royster13

As some one who outsources everything I can tell you it can be very profitable and/or frustrating.......It does take some time and effort to come up with a list of "go to" vendors.....It works for me but I can also come up with a list of folks that it does not work for....

Generally I find it better to work with "wholesale" shops who depend on "wholesale" work.....While many "retail" shops will also sell out the "backdoor" (and go great work) I find they never really give "wholesale" work the attention I like.....After all the "retail" work is where they make their living.....

Last edited:

AznSensation

I'm not trying to be a b((ch Fred.
How come you delete my thread and not this? Isn't this the same way of asking people to bid on a particular project?

petepaz

we out source alot of stuff and you can make good money if all goes well
usually all you have to to do is some paperwork and billing

we have used merritt for a a few jobs that where too big for us to print in house
and they did a good job, good price and good delivery