• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

overprint option?

GK

to print another layer of ink on top of an existing one or one that it just printed.

gabagoo

If that is so, then why do I also have the option that I can print 2 3 4 etc layers? I am just wondering why they would have the same option twice in the same software?

Matt Cuellar

Typically overprint or "double-strike" is used for either printing on clear or translucent. It adds a second (or third/fourth) identical layer of ink on your pass to give you optimum density of clear or semi-clear material. The problem is finding the right density without bleeding. I've never had to use more than 2x overprint on either clear or translucent. Much more than that and your color goes to hell, you waste a ton of ink, and your still have a crappy print!

petepaz

that is just how many time it will over lap
when you print on clear or translucent material you may have to experiment on how many layers of ink you need to achive the opacity you want

KR3signguy

Definition: In most cases, when two objects of different colors overlap they knockout -- they won't print on top of each other. To intentionally print one layer of ink on top of another is to overprint. Overprinting is sometimes used to avoid the need for trapping and avoid gaps between touching colors. Spot colors intended to designate the application of spot varnish are also set up to overprint.

warlind

For a backlit sign - I need to put down two passes and I thought that was in the driver options menu - here is a shot. Thanks guys.

Attachments

• flexi.jpg
    flexi.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 195