• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Paint mask for Aqua coat finished signs

Pinfinity

Any help is much appreciated. We have been using Pask yellow paint mask for carved signs that have been primed and finished using Aquacoat and or latex enamel.
We let the paint dry for at least (2) days, and apply the mask and paint. The problem is the glue residue left on the sign when removing the mask, Sometimes nothing left
and another painstaking removal.

Can anyone suggest an alternate mask that we should be using for this application?

Help is Much appreciated

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Glantz isn't far from you. You need to talk to someone who has knowledge and ask for paint frisket. We always use flat, but some people use the crinkle. Not bad in price either, but you need to talk to someone who is willing to search, if they don't know it right away. I still half a roll of it. It gives a good clean edge and has hardly any adhesive, but sticks like the livin' sh!t.

Pinfinity

Gino, thanks so much for the info. Sounds like you have found the answer to this. We have tried everything to avoid leaving the adhesive residue left from the yellow PASK masking film.
We just finished painting a 4x8 1.25" Exteria carved sign. Sand background material, prime using STIX. HVLP spray finish using Aquacoat. Let it dry for a couple of days. Remove the mask on one side
to come off clean. the other side left tons of adhesive residue??? go figure!!!
I would like to try what you are using...can you giver me the name of it?

Many thanks
Dennis

Gino

Premium Subscriber
It's simply called frisket..... or maybe paint frisket. You can also get liquid frisket, which is what we used many many years ago, when doing oldtime pan faces and spraying in reverse. I know glantz sells it in rolls for sprocket or friction plotters. That's all we use anymore.

petepaz

also try surface armor, we get a few different types of masking films from them for silk screened materials. mostly aluminum.
they will send samples for you to test

DChorbowski

Pixel Pusher
It's simply called frisket..... or maybe paint frisket. You can also get liquid frisket, which is what we used many many years ago, when doing oldtime pan faces and spraying in reverse. I know glantz sells it in rolls for sprocket or friction plotters. That's all we use anymore.
Gino, I called NGlantz and they have no product under that name or anything close. Do you have a part number or a manufacture?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I took this right off the inner core of my existing roll

Vector Graphic Supplies
693F3050
Stencil Flat Liner Punched

It came from Glantz

That's why I said, you need to talk to someone with knowledge